FM2009 on 2.1 GHz White Macbook

I've posted my specs a few times on the board. I'm running the large data base all nations all leagues, no probs on my system.

But the mac does not have hi res graphics option only low res...not sure why. It may be fixed in the next patch.

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

I've posted my specs a few times on the board. I'm running the large data base all nations all leagues, no probs on my system.

But the mac does not have hi res graphics option only low res...not sure why. It may be fixed in the next patch.

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Its your graphics.

I.e http://www.apple.com/uk/macbook/white/ that one.

How well does it run?

Does it run the 3D Game?

Does it run the large database?

Is it slow, or is it fast, or just normal?

Please let me know as I am considering getting one early next year.

Rhys

No matter how the game runs you'll be seen as creative and unique. And really, that's the main thing.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/30/39-apple-products/

It runs ok on my macbook, albeit without the 3d. I have about 25 leagues running on full detail. Granted the processing is not super fast but I like it that way as I can do other work inbetween. I don't have any stuttering 2d like some other users either.

Sure you don't mean 25 leagues set to playable?

I only have one league on full detail and with dual 3ghz processors it still takes 5 mins to process fixtures ..

I've got a 2.0gHz Macbook Pro and it all runs impeccably, graphics are smooth on high detail and I haven't had any problems with the speed of loading or anything.

It does have a ATI Radeon X1600 gfx card though, so that might explain the graphics.

Bonus of mac's is the fact the the copy protection is just the CD in the drive, no activation :p

I've got a 2.0gHz Macbook Pro and it all runs impeccably, graphics are smooth on high detail and I haven't had any problems with the speed of loading or anything.

It does have a ATI Radeon X1600 gfx card though, so that might explain the graphics.

Bonus of mac's is the fact the the copy protection is just the CD in the drive, no activation :p

Are the graphics in that better than the new Macbooks ?

Macbooks graphics are "Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor with 144MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory3"

My Macbook Pro's is:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

From my limited knowledge of graphics cards, looks like the new Macbook's have built in graphics sharing RAM with the rest of the computer, whereas the Macbook Pro has a separate graphics card with 256mb of memory just for graphics.

Macbooks graphics are "Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor with 144MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory3"

My Macbook Pro's is:

From my limited knowledge of graphics cards, looks like the new Macbook's have built in graphics sharing RAM with the rest of the computer, whereas the Macbook Pro has a separate graphics card with 256mb of memory just for graphics.

Yeah, I think it does share the RAM.

Although the RAM is DDr3 in the new ones so 1066MHz FSB :)

My Macbook Pro's is:

That's the legacy 'white' Macbooks. The new aluminium unibody ones have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and can play things like Quake, COD and Doom etc but think its still shared with the main RAM memory. Like you say, Macbook Pro's have a dedicated graphics card as well as the 9400M. They use the dedicated one first and then should they need more umph it starts to use the main RAM I think.

Can someone who has one of the new aluminium Macbooks and patch 9.2 confirm that they can play 3d on high detail?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
No matter how the game runs you'll be seen as creative and unique. And really, that's the main thing.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/30/39-apple-products/

Or.. shut up?

There was no need for that.

I have the white macbook and I use the 2D TV view, which works fine in windowed mode but is a bit jittery in the full screen, but 3D seemed fine too, it is smooth and fast with loading and everything.

• 2 months later...

Archived