Assistant Manager-Unrealistic targets & Staff Role

Apologies for the crosspost from the bugs forum, but nobody there could give me an answer. I've got a question about Staff Role and the Unrealistic Targets box. I'm running a staff search with the parameters

Filtering out unrealistic targets = Yes

Judging player ability min = 8

Judging plater potential min = 8

EU National = No

This search gets me 60 people.

If I add the line Staff Role = Scout I get 10 people.

When I change it to Staff Role = NOT Scout, I get 44.

Shouldn't these numbers equal 60? Obviously, 4 staff members are being filtered out when the Staff Role line is added - why?

If I run this search with filter out unrealistic targets = no, I get 166 people, with Staff Role=Scout at 60 and Staff Role=Not Scout at 106. Therefore, I'm thinking this is an issue with the assistant manager. I don't know how the filter out unrealistic targets box works, but it seems not to be doing the job well.

My questions are:

How does 'filter out unrealistic targets' work?

How does 'Staff Role' work - will it include anyone that has any experience acting in a certain position, or...?

Apologies for the crosspost from the bugs forum, but nobody there could give me an answer. I've got a question about Staff Role and the Unrealistic Targets box. I'm running a staff search with the parameters

Filtering out unrealistic targets = Yes

Judging player ability min = 8

Judging plater potential min = 8

EU National = No

This search gets me 60 people.

If I add the line Staff Role = Scout I get 10 people.

When I change it to Staff Role = NOT Scout, I get 44.

Shouldn't these numbers equal 60? Obviously, 4 staff members are being filtered out when the Staff Role line is added - why?

If I run this search with filter out unrealistic targets = no, I get 166 people, with Staff Role=Scout at 60 and Staff Role=Not Scout at 106. Therefore, I'm thinking this is an issue with the assistant manager. I don't know how the filter out unrealistic targets box works, but it seems not to be doing the job well.

My questions are:

How does 'filter out unrealistic targets' work?

How does 'Staff Role' work - will it include anyone that has any experience acting in a certain position, or...?

I suspect this is a dual role NPC's and they would join you as a youth coach for example, but your ASM doesn't think they would join you as a scout.

Archived