AMC description but not natural position?

you trust position.. :-)

when it comes to description a player with 20 at M C and 15 at AM C would appear as AM C in the game.

they havent divided up the Attacking Midfielders position yet.. as they have with the defensive.

some years ago(many??), the position now called WB L and WB R (wingback) was called DM L and DM R... now they've divided that into two different things.. in previous versions of FM, a player with 20 on M C and 15(or more) on DM would also appear as DM C, just like AM C is now.. :-)

hope this made any sense... :-p

You can always manually edit your squad screen to get it to show you your players' best position, rather than general positions. More information in the Skinning Hideout (look for "custom team screen" or something like that).

its a real life situation take paul scholes for instance he is(or was) a natural amc so much so that he started just behind the front two early in his career but he was always in central midfield as he could control the game from there, get things moving and then go forward to the amc position from there

Trust the Positions screen.

If you're talking about the Squad Selection screen, what you see is "Positions". In your example, a player with MC Natural, AMC Accomplished, ML Awkward, AML Awkward, you would see that summarized as "AMC".

However, there is also an entry you can put into a Squad Selection screen titled "Best Position"; if you were using that, you would see his best position listed as "MC".

I think the game thinks something like this: it really wants to put (A)MC, to show that he is a midfielder but can also play further up. It's often safe to assume that when a player is AMwhatever, they can also play - and it could be their preference - to play in traditional midfield.

But yeah, the positions as they are listed are pretty annoying. Rosicky in my 08 save is listed as AMLC when his preferred position is MC. You wouldn't pick that. Why have a list of positions when you have to look at the positions screen to be accurate?

As mentioned above, Amaroq, but I'm going to fall in and use the classic line for once: why should we? Yes it shows all positions, but it's pretty ridiculous that sometimes "all positions" doesn't even include the player's best position in many cases, ie Rosicky.

Oh, I agree. My edited Squad selection screen almost always shows them side by side:

Best Position, All Positions

So, I might see:

MC | AML/C

For a player whose natural position is MC but who can also play AML and AMC. I'm not sure why the default skin doesn't make better use of that feature.

Archived