Teamtalks

I what situations would you not give a teamtalk and set it to none. Is this when you are

that angry with the team you do not go into the dressing room at all in a way to motivate

them? What are the effects of setting it to none to your players?

in my fiorentina game on FM08, i have sometimes used it while away to a big team and going in to break with 0-0...

altho, it has been after a couple of years when i have won the leage and CL a couple of times... then i feel confident to shout at them even when i don't loose..and it seems to work fine... but i don't do it all the time.. as i am a kind manager...maybe too kind..like carlo ancelotti =)

when your smashing a team at half time, i see 'none' as more of a 'same again lads'

Does that work? For me the most difficult team talks are in those situations, as my team invariably forgets how to play during half time whatever I say to them.

And this is a perfect example of why, in my opinion, the Teamtalks implementation should have been improved upon years ago - since it's very first inception in fact.

There is no context or emotion obvious in the short piece of text, it's not clear what exactly it is you're saying to the players or how you're saying it. It's like talking to your players via "Txt Msg". What is "none"? There's nothing immediately obvious between "pleased" and "disappointed" so one might assume that "none" could mean a neutral "you're doing/did ok". But then some people also think "none" means that you're so furious with your players that you can't even bring yourself to enter the dressing room.

There's been a lot of discussion in the past about what "I want you to play like that every game" means (may not be the exact sentence - I'm going from memory here). Does it mean a positive "Well done lads that was great, I want you to continue to perform like that in the coming weeks", or does it mean a negative "Why the ****ing **** can't you ****ing play like that every ****ing week instead of the **** you normally do?".

This uncertainty should not exist in this manner. Some people will say that there needs to be some ambiguity and that this makes it more "realistic". Well yes, but the ambiguity should be in how certain players react to your teamtalk - NOT an additional layer of ambiguity on top of that where you're not even sure yourself what it is that you're actually saying!

Amazingly, I played the demo of CM2008 a while back and that's even worse (well it's basically the exact same system but with fewer relevant options).

This uncertainty should not exist in this manner. Some people will say that there needs to be some ambiguity and that this makes it more "realistic". Well yes, but the ambiguity should be in how certain players react to your teamtalk - NOT an additional layer of ambiguity on top of that where you're not even sure yourself what it is that you're actually saying

Amen.

I feel like I've written that exact paragraph in previous discussions of this! :D

To answer the original question, "None" is a viable option. Essentially, you want to use it if all of your players are "Looking Motivated" or better. (Set up a Split Screen view before you give your half-time team talk, and check out the "Away Team Motivation" view.)

See Communication and Psychological Warfare and Wolfsong's Guide to Team Talks for more information.

Well, for some reason, my ass man (motivation 20) likes to use it rather often, no matter the scoreline.

Which is somewhat annoying considering i spent a hefty amount on signing him just so I didn't have to bother learning the nuances of team talks and FM player psychology all over again.

Archived