So I cant send application for vacant positions while managing a club

Can go either way. From Ajax in FM08 I declared intrests in Barca job and the board could understand it. I didn't got the job, later I declared interest in the Fullham job (they were in the premier league, sitting dead last) then the board gave me the ultimatum, I ignored this and got sacked.

I depends on reputation I think, Barca was doing average in La Liga (5th or 6th) and were still in the CL. Fullham was dead last and out of all the cups, while my Ajax team was 1st (shared with PSV) and still in the Eufa cup.

Agree with the last post. In my experience I have had two responses

One was when I had been at Leeds for 4 years and got them to the Premiership, I was very popular with the board. Their message was more a case of being desperately keen for me to stay and was a message to the media more than me.

Another time I had only been at Rangers a year or so with mixed results and expressed an interest in the Chelsea job, they weren't happy and I got the "resign or be sacked" message. Seems realistic to me, I hadn't been there long enough to build up a strong enough relationship with the board.

Why would they find out you had applied for other jobs anyway? Seems a bit unrealistic to me..

If you declare intrest, then this will be done via the media. I assume that the board also read news papers etc.

If you apply, then irl, both clubs have to agree a fee for the remainder of the contract, see even in this way the should know it.

So, realistic in my opinion

Archived