Is this cheating?

Moral dilemma here

I am rufc and start with -17 and board expect respectable finish. IRL just survival is an acheivement. even if i stay up i get sacked. its possible but very hard to get mid table in 1st season.

it has been established that this may be a bug in bugs forum.

my question is this:

is it cheating if i, when im sacked, add a new manager (me) and retire as the me that got sacked, (meaning there is just one manager-me)and carry on with rufc as i should be given at least a season. this way its still 'me' and my team and i can build on what i started.

but i want to stay true to the game so should i keep starting again when im sacked and keep tryin. normally i would never do this but the circumstances are different

is it cheating, or just a way round the bug?

Why is it a bug? Rotherham do start on -17 points.

FWIW in my first season (as a Premiership side) I noticed that RU escaped relegation by 1 point.

its not the points that are a bug its the expectation, almost like the board dont recognise the minus 17 points.

its possible but difficult to get a mid table finish and ive been sacked about 4 times now (in the AI game rufc allways go down)

i have mixed responses on here, i only really wanna be rufc but dont wanna cheat so i just wondered what people thought i just cant decide whether its cheating or way round a bug!

I wouldn't say this was cheating at all, if you get sacked and then take over again with a different manager you'll lose your manager history up to that point so there is a drawback.

Cheating would be using the editor to get rid of the -17 points, carrying on a game after you get sacked is not, especially in these circumstances.

If you are really concerned about it (which is very conscientious of you I must say!) why not start unemployed, go on holiday for a season then take over at the end of the 1st season? That way you can be Rotherham, have no points penalty and have reasonable board expectations for your first season in charge. From what most people have said though you'll probably be in the BSP - but more of a challenge!

Just hope you don't get sacked.

thanks lol! i think you underestimate how hard it is bearing in mind also we have no money.

its very mixed on here, i like the go on holiday idea. i mean i can keep them up but thats not enough!

i will see where my conscience takes me tonight

If you are really concerned about it (which is very conscientious of you I must say!) why not start unemployed, go on holiday for a season then take over at the end of the 1st season? That way you can be Rotherham, have no points penalty and have reasonable board expectations for your first season in charge. From what most people have said though you'll probably be in the BSP - but more of a challenge!

I agree with him, I don't think this way is cheating at all,

But all the other ways are,

But it's ur game at the end of the day :thup:

Theres two ways to "fix" this as the game clearly doenst recognize the -17 points.

In a season like that, almost any board would be happy to stay up.

1. Forward the game one year, like said as before...

2. Or lower their reputation, so that you get "battle bravely against relegation"...

First option, you could risk the team to get relegated anyhow.. And that they've might bought someone you dont like, og sold someone you really like...

Second option would make the team less attractive than they really are.. And could make players wanna get out, and players you usually could get, dont wanna sign for you...

Or third option - just start with them - play with them, and take over again when(if) you're sacked..

Theres two ways to "fix" this as the game clearly doenst recognize the -17 points.

In a season like that, almost any board would be happy to stay up.

1. Forward the game one year, like said as before...

2. Or lower their reputation, so that you get "battle bravely against relegation"...

First option, you could risk the team to get relegated anyhow.. And that they've might bought someone you dont like, og sold someone you really like...

Second option would make the team less attractive than they really are.. And could make players wanna get out, and players you usually could get, dont wanna sign for you...

Or third option - just start with them - play with them, and take over again when(if) you're sacked..

thanks for ideas, how do i lower their reputation?

thanks for ideas, how do i lower their reputation?

yes... like one above me said.. use the official editor that comes with the game...

would be interesting to see how much you'd have to lower reputation to get a

realistic season expectation...

so if you do this, please post the change you did to rep... :-)

Archived