International Management

I was appointed Ghana Manager after the African Cup of Nations in the second season, my domestic club is newcastle and i have not performed very well in the league finishing in the bottom half both seasons. I am just about to manage my 1st game in the 2010 World Cup and have selected my team altough i had to take a few players out through injuries. When i tried replacing the players when it was time to submit my team i was unable to select any players who are in the U21 or U19 squad and therefore had to choose others? could somebody please tell me why this is so that i know for next time.

I have Croatia, Iran & Swiss in my team some i am hoping to qualify with a win over Iran and hopefully pick something up against the other teams.

Thats so Weird! I am also managing Newcastle and Ghana as they offered me the job after the African Cup Of Nations. It was at the end of my second season with The Magpies, having won the league and the F.A Cup, Ghana approached me. I went on to win the 2010 World Cup unbeaten in the whole competition.

To answer your question, did you select the players you wanted from the younger squads via the national pool? If you didn't then you wouldn't be able to play them in the competition!!

To answer your question, did you select the players you wanted from the younger squads via the national pool? If you didn't then you wouldn't be able to play them in the competition!!

If this is not the case then something is wrong here. Did you try to search in the bugs forum if this is a (maybe) known issue.

Normally the players you select for a tournament (which you have to do for each big tournament, you will get a news item) are not available for any other duties. Maybe you missed the news item or something...

Had the U21/U19's already submitted a squad for a tournament? I would assume if they have been declared in a squad you then can't select them?

Just noticed you said "about to manage my 1st game in the 2010 World Cup" - isn't the squad already decided by that point?

Yeah i think that the U21 & U19 had been submitted a few days earlier just thought i could bring players in being the Main team boss.

The squad was confirmed about a week before the World Cup was due to start - that was when i tried bringing the players in.

Archived