Maybe a "9.15 patch" will be needed

The current game really has too many serious problems, especially with the match engine. Man I REALLY suffered a lot of GK assists(Even with closing down always on the GK), many people already reported in the demo, I just don't understand why such a serious BUG did NOT get fixed in 910 patch. Anyway I know 920 won't come out until the winter transfer window is closed, but really, the games will be a lot better without these bugs.

Anyway I know 920 won't come out until the winter transfer window is closed, but really, the games will be a lot better without these bugs.

1. How do you know that?

2. Yes, you're right...most games are better without bugs...

Indeed. It's annoying when people keep insisting they know it's out tomorrow when SI haven't even said a peep.

Yeah, they said they hope to get it out tomorrow some time ago, but there's been nothing confirming it. I think the best we can say is "Soon"

No, and they don't do that until a patch is released.

Although a specific release date has not been given, they have stated that they are looking at a pre-Christmas delivery and they are pretty good, (very good in fact), at keeping to timescales where patches are concerned. (Obviously part of the reson is that they are often intentionally vague with regards to release dates).

But they haven't. 2 weeks ago they said they HOPE to have it ready for the 18th. Well, now it's the 17th so a little line to us fans tellings us for definite that it's coming tomorrow or not wouldn't go amiss now would it.

But they haven't. 2 weeks ago they said they HOPE to have it ready for the 18th. Well, now it's the 17th so a little line to us fans tellings us for definite that it's coming tomorrow or not wouldn't go amiss now would it.

They said only yesterday in a thread that they still hope to have it out by the end of this week so you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

There's no point banging on about it, they'll make an announcement when they know the definite date when it'll be ready. Why would they tell us when it's going to be released until they're certain? That's just inviting trouble for themselves.

Sy13.

No I'm not actually.

You on the other hand are.

Let me explain.

SI are not in the habit of setting concrete and difinitive release dates for patches because experience has taught them that fixing the last little thing on a patch list can create a hundred other issues that may take considerable time to fix.

If they said categorically that the patch will 100% be available tomorrow, and then something happened between now and then that resulted in additional problems, then they would either have to delay the release of the patch, (can you imagine the uproar that would cause), or they would have to issue sub-standard patch that did not fix what they wanted it to fix.

They NEVER set definite targets to give them room for error and to avoid failing to meet expectations.

By doing this they never fail to meet expectations with regards to the release dates of paches and they have found this to be a better solution than setting rigid timescales that they are unable to achieve.

In this respect I would say that however frustrating it might be to the likes of you and me, it is certainly preferable to the other options.

Tomorrow has always been the plan, but we have to be sure its ready so if it is a day or two later so be it.

And there you have it! :thup:

Which is precisely what I was after the whole time, but others on here as usual were just so quick to go on a counter offensive. A simple line that says "we're on track for a release this week" is grand, thanks Paul.

lol.

So you now have exactly the same information you had before but now you are happy.

Paul hasn't given you a concrete, "set in stone" date he just reiterated what you had already been told:D.

Maybe we should have hourly updates.....................

9am. Yep. Still on track.

10am. Yeah. Should be ok.

11am. Looking good at the moment but you never know.

12mid-day. Out to lunch.

1pm. OMG it's all gone pear-shaped!

2pm. Sorry. Had one too many at lunch and loadec wring file.

3pm. Snoozefest.

People on here will never be happy:D.

Which is precisely what I was after the whole time, but others on here as usual were just so quick to go on a counter offensive. A simple line that says "we're on track for a release this week" is grand, thanks Paul.

Which, as Jimbo said, is exactly the same information we've had all week.

So what exactly was your original complaint again :rolleyes:

You know what, I'll hold my tongue because I don't like being nasty to someone I can't see, but may I ask what your deal is?

I don't have exactly the same information as before, I now have an UPDATE on the current progress which is, and I quote "Tomorrow has always been the plan, but we have to be sure its ready so if it is a day or two later so be it". This translates to: It could be out tomorrow, it might be out at the weekend if we need to tweak it some more, it WILL be out before Xmas.

And this is precisely why you missed my original point entirely.

Good day to you.

:D

Jim, go away!

I simply logged on this morning and asked for an update regarding the progress of the new patch, and got it thanks to PaulC. Amongst all this I have you trying to wave your d_i_c_k around and stamp all over someone else's conversation. Go get some retail therapy or something, your comments are rather pointless and unnecessary imho. But that's just me...

If asking a simple question and wanting a progress update makes one look silly then I'll happily take that over ignorance and childishness. You see there is a saying... "One that asks a question is made to look foolish for 5 minutes, but one that does not ask a question is foolish forever". Appropriate in this instance I think you'll find, so next time you want to stop someone asking an honest and valid question, run that one through your brain first. Capiche?

Sy13 - The point you seem to be missing as that at least 5 threads get started every day asking when the patch will be out, and it gets very tiresome.

Why SI decided to respond to this one over all the others that get closed I don't know, think yourself lucky. But the fact is that this 'update' you're going on about says nothing that you could not have found out by doing a search or reading a few threads.

If people are short with you it's because many members of this forum are tired of seeing constructive, interesting threads buried underneath a plethora of 'when's the patch out' threads.

I wasn't stopping you from asking a question at all.

In fact I actually answered your question and even went so far as to explain my answer.

Anyway. Lookle like you will just prattle on regardless so..

[Join my list]

Yes, you were kind enough to point out that SI don't set dates in stone to avoid any possible uproar, which is good business sense I agree. But the reason you failed so badly was because you missed the point of my question entirely. I was requesting an update of the patch while you were harking back to the announcement made by SI 2 weeks ago. So having tried so hard to preach to me that SI cannot set a definitive date for the patch (and I agree) you then told me to refer to a deadline that was set 2 weeks ago! Therefore don't you think an update on the progress of the patch is justified to manage expectations rather than relying on 2 week old information and then being disappointed if SI fail to meet it?

This is my last post on this matter but I'd just like to ask, now who looks silly?

Sy13 - The point you seem to be missing as that at least 5 threads get started every day asking when the patch will be out, and it gets very tiresome.

Why SI decided to respond to this one over all the others that get closed I don't know, think yourself lucky. But the fact is that this 'update' you're going on about says nothing that you could not have found out by doing a search or reading a few threads.

If people are short with you it's because many members of this forum are tired of seeing constructive, interesting threads buried underneath a plethora of 'when's the patch out' threads.

None of what you just said ever gives anyone the right to verbally attack another human being. If you're tired of them, don't read them, and certainly don't reply to them. It's your problem, not mine.

Yes, you were kind enough to point out that SI don't set dates in stone to avoid any possible uproar, which is good business sense I agree. But the reason you failed so badly was because you missed the point of my question entirely. I was requesting an update of the patch while you were harking back to the announcement made by SI 2 weeks ago. So having tried so hard to preach to me that SI cannot set a definitive date for the patch (and I agree) you then told me to refer to a deadline that was set 2 weeks ago! Therefore don't you think an update on the progress of the patch is justified to manage expectations rather than relying on 2 week old information and then being disappointed if SI fail to meet it?

This is my last post on this matter but I'd just like to ask, now who looks silly?

Are you not listening? There last update was not two weekss ago, someone from SI mentioned this in another thread only yesterday and said exactly what they've said in here. Do you expect the to respond to every request for an update? Or do you think it's more sensible for people to have a look at the information that's already on the forums?

None of what you just said ever gives anyone the right to verbally attack another human being. If you're tired of them, don't read them, and certainly don't reply to them. It's your problem, not mine.

At what point were you verbally attacked? Stop being so damn precious.

It certainly does but if, instead of giving people information in individual threads, SI put up a sticky then you'd have every right to moan about them. I came to the forum today to see if there was an update yet and was myself about to post a thread asking the question. I would be well within my right to do so because SI, for whatever reason, has decided against putting up a notice that informs it's customer base.

It's just stupid really.

Sticky up the top, "We're working on the patch, hope to have it ready for the 18th but it may be late if we spt any major errors." Simple.

I agree with you. People on here are so defensive and touchy.

The guy was only after some idea that the patch was on course for release this week. He asked for it. He got it.

It wasn't his fault that in the meantime, a million and one people jumped in.

Chill.

Archived