Potential youth players

I have managed Sunderland for 3 seasons. The youth players that I have are all lousy players. The potential only have 1-3 stars and afew 4 stars. I have never receive any 5 stars and above. Can anyone tell be is this due to luck or popularity of the club?? Even with excellent youth training grounds, you cant do much with lousy players with no potential. How can I get youth players with 6-7 stars potential??

Sunderland only has good youth facilities not excellent. That may be the reason. But just that it has been 3 seasons so I have received 3 batch of youth players. Not even one player has 5 star and above potential is just too much. I will be a problem in the long run as entering cup competition needs players brought up by club and country.

i think that your club's reputation factors in somehow, talented kids might not want to join your youth academy if you don't offer a chance like the youth academy of say Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea

besides, you're not supposed to get wonderkids to fill your under 18 squad every year, they are supposed to come rarely anyways

There are several factors that affect the quality (ca/pa) of youth who are promoted into your under18's squad

The Youth Facilty Rating

Having an Academy

The Repution of the club, league and nation

The rating given to the city/town where the club is based (Attractiveness)

If your at a highly succesfull club in the EPL, ie ManU/Chelsea/etc, with maximised facilities then you can roughly expect the following "youth prospects", however if your club is Grimsby you will probably NEVER see that Tier1 prospect.

Tier1:- 1 World Class Player every 5-10 years

Tier2:- 1 Premier Class player every 1-2 years

Tier3:- 1-2 Championship Class Players each year

Tier4:- 2-3 League1/league2 Class Players each year

Tier5:- 2-3 Blue Square Class Players each Year

I still only have FM07, and this is a fairly standard breakdown for the prospects i recieve via academy promotion, overall i find the 07 regen system (ignoring how the stats are actually spread) to be very fair, realistic and reasonable, and in my opinion SI did a very good job on this area, and i really hope it's an unchanged model for 08/09.

I have an average youth setup in BSS and I got a 7-star regen centre-back when the game started, first season. He's only 16 but my coaches say he's League 1 quality already and could be a leading Championship defender. I think the chances of a Messi coming through at Nuneaton are less than nil but depending on the youth setup in comparison to the league you're in, you may find the odd regen becomes pretty ace.

Archived