For the first time ever..........

For the first time since I started playing this game(00-01), I have stopped playing it after just 3 weeks. In previous editions I would have played the games for months almost non- stop. But not this time. The game has lost the fun factor due to it becoming so slow and taking so long to process. The ''setting up match'' icon that appears ruins the game.

Anybody else found this?

Like Hershie said, it's only about a few seconds, my computer may be a bit better, but the only reason it's a bit slower is because I have quite a few leagues running. I really wish the people that want to come on and say how bad the game is or tell everyone else that they stopped playing the game (really, who cares if you personally stopped playing?) would all just lump their complaints into the posts already made instead of making new ones. You people just take up to much forum space and make it take longer to find decent topics.

Nope, I can't get enough. In fact I'm playing it more than any other version so far - Macbook Pro ftw :)

Agreed. My Portstewart team just beat Newry when the bookies had us at massive underdogs to win. 2-0 up at half time, I went very defensive and started playing very direct to the front two, the defense cleaned up everything comfortably - Newry were reduced to long shots which frankly they aren't up to. Meanwhile my front two of Cian Mackie and Marty Robinson (not household names I know but I picked them up for nothing after trawling the unattached players in the summer making it that bit more satisfying) kept carving out changes due to quick breaks and Newry getting increasingly stretched at the back. Then in the 85th Robinson flicks a header to Mackie who instantly plays a 1-2 with Robinson before half volleying home from 8 yards - reminiscent of Cole/Yorke in the Nou Camp!

The reason I mention this is that this very delibrate tactical change worked a dream and played perfectly to my teams strengths. Never before in the previous incarnations of the game have I noticed my tactical changes being so perfectly realised by the visual representation of the extended highlights. The game DOES work at times.

Wel I'm glad some people are enjoying it. But I think that this year there are less people enjoying the game.

This year: fewer people enjoying the game but the people that are enjoy it to a higher degree than other years.

Other Years: More peolpe enjoying the game which imo is more important.

Archived