SI I Applaud You

SI have received some very harsh criticism over the last month or so due to all the activation problems and bugs that have been plaguing many peoples games, I myself was quite annoyed but I think its fair to say that even with all the abuse and fans complaining (well within their rights) about the games flaws SI have been very professional in their responses, Im sure Miles and co were working non stop around the clock to fix the activation problems (which they eventually did) and to be ready to release a second patch on the 18th just over a month after the game was released is a pretty mean feat if you ask me, so for that I stand up and applaud you SI. Miles should be proud that even though the game had some teething problems at the start there is still hundreds of thousands of people completely addicted to this great game that he and his team have created.

SI have received some very harsh criticism over the last month or so due to all the activation problems and bugs that have been plaguing many peoples games, I myself was quite annoyed but I think its fair to say that even with all the abuse and fans complaining (well within their rights) about the games flaws SI have been very professional in their responses, Im sure Miles and co were working non stop around the clock to fix the activation problems (which they eventually did) and to be ready to release a second patch on the 18th just over a month after the game was released is a pretty mean feat if you ask me, so for that I stand up and applaud you SI. Miles should be proud that even though the game had some teething problems at the start there is still hundreds of thousands of people completely addicted to this great game that he and his team have created.

Yeh easy for you to say... i am still not playing the game even though i have had it since release day, si have not been very helpful what so ever.

your having a laugh pal

Well said tbh :thup:

I'm pished at a few issues, but like the vast majority had a clean trouble free install and am enjoying it immensely.

Let's hope this patch fixes it.

I'm fed up with some of the issues in the game, but I do feel that if the next patch gets it right, it'll be the best FM so far.

This I agree with.

To the OP yes maybe they do get some unfair comments from some poster's but and this is a big but,they are releasing a 2nd patch within a month for a reason....the game wasnt ready,the 1st patch was basically an emergancy patch as too much was missed when the game went gold,that you cant really applaud them for.

What is the problem you are having with your game?

i cant activate it mate, i have numerous people telling me this and that so i do as they say and it doesnt work?? when i first installed it, it all worked fine i was playing it and all activated and stuff, then it says this game is currently unnavailable, so uninstalled the lot thinking this would do it but now i cant even get past the activation, because it says the internet is not connected when it quite clearly is?

i cant activate it mate, i have numerous people telling me this and that so i do as they say and it doesnt work?? when i first installed it, it all worked fine i was playing it and all activated and stuff, then it says this game is currently unnavailable, so uninstalled the lot thinking this would do it but now i cant even get past the activation, because it says the internet is not connected when it quite clearly is?

Im pretty sure that issue has been fixed up in the forums, maybe have a look around, you never know what you might come accross.

I have to agree with the OP also don't forget SI had a patch ready to go on Launch day which must have taken some work after being informed of probs with the demo. Well done SI we know you work hard making the game and then making the patches.

Glad somebody agrees with me

Glad somebody agrees with me

trust me, i absolutly love football manager, i have played since cm 00-01 and have no complaints what so ever, and i completely appreciate all the help that is given, as soon as im on my game u'l see me posting all about my amazing career off how i took stoke to dizzy heights :p

it is nice to see si games (especially matt) not ignoring the guys who are having problems, some games would probably just leave me to it and ignore me!

matt - do you think you'll be using steam again? if it it steam that has caused the problems?

I'm quite happy with the new features and all, just a bit annoyed with the 24th July bug, but aside this, FM continues to be the best game in it's genre, and I'm sure when the patch is released, many people will stop moaning (hopefully) and enjoy the beauty this game really is. Just wanted the patch to be released a bit sooner, because the 24th July crash is game-breaking, and really got me angry with SI, but aside that, spectacular work, and hopefully on my birthday the 18th I will at last continue my savegame and be able to enjoy this wonderful work. And as I registered the forums, I can see there is a lot of support from SI and SEGA to their costumers, so there is nothing to moan about, I really understand how can a mass of people can be very hard to please, and some days ago I was in the other end; insulting who created this game. There is no reason to do that, since we have so good support and game, impatience leads to nothing. Well done!

I have to agree with the OP also don't forget SI had a patch ready to go on Launch day which must have taken some work after being informed of probs with the demo. Well done SI we know you work hard making the game and then making the patches.

from an alternate perspective, perhaps it's not such a great thing on their part or their testing teams part to release a demo / full game out that required a RELEASE DAY patch?

to be honest most of the games bugs are completely ignorable / forgiveable, but i really struggle to see how the game could have been tested without noticing the ridiculous injuries until the demo publicised it, but yes, that was sorted due to the release day patch but in my opinion an equally ludicrous bug / feature is of course the transfer system (mostly man city, but generally big clubs with money) with the ai's squad compositional skills atrocious at best, especially coupled with their negotiation abilities which renders the user feeling like negotiating with big clubs is essentially exploiting bugs to get huge transfer fees for mediocre players.

worst of all of course is july 24th and i've commented on that before only because it's gamebreaking AFTER the end of a long hard season and as such is unforgivable. one thing is not finding it (since it seems to be a subjective bug, perhaps excusable) but once it was established and not advertising the fact that it exists and thus letting people know not to tick serie c as a useable league is a poor show of disinterest towards si's customerbase because si should realise above all else when a player includes lower leagues they tend to play careergames, and careergames are the only game you play when it comes to fm and as such you grow a sense of attachment. the july 24th bug rips that attachment from you and the slow (what is a long time to not play a game you've bought on release?i've not touched fm09 since i encountered the bug two or so weeks ago) release of a fix to a gamebreaker leaving me, and seemingly a large number of fellow affected players quite disillusioned.

once the patch is released and hopefully i can renew my napoli game, i'll probably forget all this ******** after a while because i was thoroughly enjoying the game until july 24. but that was due to the specific challenge i think, since some annoying things remain in fm (limited team talks, incredibly boring press conferences)

Oh yawn yawn another fantastic thread from Grimoz. Are you trying to win favour by being a grovelling sycophant? It's no wonder people are questioning your motives when all you ever do is lavish praise on SI while pouring scorn on anyway that has the temerity to criticise the game.

Why shouldn't he praise them... I've had my issues with FM09, still have some, but in the end it's still the game that (for my taste) is way better and gives me more fun and playtime than any other game. The support in bugs forum has been excellent for me, so from me it's just a big "Thanks guys"

Well said tbh :thup:

I'm pished at a few issues, but like the vast majority had a clean trouble free install and am enjoying it immensely.

Let's hope this patch fixes it.

What gives you the impression that the vast majority had a clean trouble free install?

That's not the impression that I get at all.

What gives you the impression that the vast majority had a clean trouble free install?

Exactly. Unfortunately I'd say it's quite the opposite and the people who had a completely trouble free install were in fact in the minority.

It's no good banging on about it anymore though. SI know there were issues with activation and I'm confident they've learned from them.

The number of people who had authenticated the game early on would tend to indicate that the majority did indeed get it working easily

that is untrue also,this forum had thousands of people on when the game released with countless posts about how it wouldnt work,I tried from 12pm till 1am until I got it done ...and then was too tired to play:p

Honest it was a hit or miss and I would say it was a vast majority that missed.

I agree with the OP, I am on holliday at the moment and I can`t put this game down as each season gets better with my team getting better and you can actually notice this in the 3D games, im in my 4th season with Celtic and STILL have not won the league YET :D but you wouldn`t believe how close ive been every season like 1 or 2 points and 1 season it was GD that won it for the bluenoses but this season my team is unbelievably strong. MON THE HOOPS.:D

Statistically that is borne out and was even over the first weekend.

Not to discredit the acknowledged issues that people have had, obviously.

Even though I had many activation problems I do agree with the OP. I only signed up to these forums for help on release day (and now im addicted!). After some rather cynical posts by me I was helped out immensly by Muzchap (who to his credit worked through the night) and was able to get my game activated thanks to deciphering link!

I havent suffered from any of the major issues thanks to reading posts on here and avoiding the Seria C etc. The patch thats comings cant just be built and released. It has to go through all kinds of testing (im a test analyst for another company) plus imagine the posts if the patch was released and didnt work!

Its nearly here and then we just the January transfer window to look forward to and the excitment that brings!! Im a liverpool fan and am hoping for a striker who can actually score!

that is untrue also,this forum had thousands of people on when the game released with countless posts about how it wouldnt work,I tried from 12pm till 1am until I got it done ...and then was too tired to play:p

Honest it was a hit or miss and I would say it was a vast majority that missed.

Since FM normally passes the million of copies sold, I would say that thousands of people with problems is the minority, as auto98uk assumes.....

Since FM normally passes the million of copies sold, I would say that thousands of people with problems is the minority, as auto98uk assumes.....

Yep because it was the same say 7k people that were on the forum the whole day and night not people comming and going and as I said this was the release day and FM doesnt sell 1 mil copies on release day...not even close.

Also as you can see from this quote over the weekend it was about even so I stand by my claim that the release day there was a vast majority that had problems.

Yep because it was the same say 7k people that were on the forum the whole day and night not people comming and going and as I said this was the release day and FM doesnt sell 1 mil copies on release day...not even close.

I agree that the game didn't sell 1M on release date, but from here to say the majority of the people that bought the game had problem there is an abyss. I am one of the probably thousand that didn't visit the forum on release date as the game authenticate correctly and I was playing it.

I probably cannot prove that the majority didn't have problem on RD, bur neither can you prove the opposite.....

I agree that the game didn't sell 1M on release date, but from here to say the majority of the people that bought the game had problem there is an abyss. I am one of the probably thousand that didn't visit the forum on release date as the game authenticate correctly and I was playing it.

I probably cannot prove that the majority didn't have problem on RD, bur neither can you prove the opposite.....

Well if Matt sega is saying it was about even after the 1st weekend I am sure you will agree that most of the problems would have happened in say the 1st 36 hours with more and more people able to activate the game after maybe a day of trying,just as I did.

What statistics Matt.

Come on. We all know that there are lies, damn lies and statistics, and the recent knife crime reports is just another example of that.

Are yoiu suggesting that because I was able play the game over the first weekend that I am one of the statistics that back your position up?

It took me hours and hours of trying, (about 8 hours solid in 2 different stints). I had problems with the os and 0s and 1s and Is, and even when that was sorted I still couldn't activate the game. Indeed the instruction on the SI forums at that time was to stop trying to activate the game as the servers had been taken down to do something. But by the sounds of it you are classing me as one of the people wh didn't have problems because I was playing the game on the opening weekend.

I would suggest that anyone who wasn't able to play the game 1 hour after installing it didn't have a trouble free install.

Are you really suggesting that the majority of customers simply stuck the disk in, keyeed in their authentication code, got their game activated, (either by Uniloc or Steam) and were playing the game within anything near an hour?

You are off your rocker! Absolutely bonkers:D!

• SI Staff
What statistics Matt.

Come on. We all know that there are lies, damn lies and statistics, and the recent knife crime reports is just another example of that.

Are yoiu suggesting that because I was able play the game over the first weekend that I am one of the statistics that back your position up?

It took me hours and hours of trying, (about 8 hours solid in 2 different stints). I had problems with the os and 0s and 1s and Is, and even when that was sorted I still couldn't activate the game. Indeed the instruction on the SI forums at that time was to stop trying to activate the game as the servers had been taken down to do something. But by the sounds of it you are classing me as one of the people wh didn't have problems because I was playing the game on the opening weekend.

I would suggest that anyone who wasn't able to play the game 1 hour after installing it didn't have a trouble free install.

Are you really suggesting that the majority of customers simply stuck the disk in, keyeed in their authentication code, got their game activated, (either by Uniloc or Steam) and were playing the game within anything near an hour?

You are off your rocker! Absolutely bonkers:D!

I'm sure we've gone through this before in other threads.

On Thursday night, when the activation servers were turned on, 8 out of 10 people were able to authenticate first time.

There was a 4 hour period on the Friday where 3 in 10 people trying were able to authenticate due to the issues previously discussed (back of manual code font and denial of service attacks).

For a 20 hours period on the Friday, 8 out of 10 people were able to authenticate first time.

By Saturday, this had risen to 9 out of 10. By the Monday, it was way higher than that.

The last figures I had from a couple of weeks ago showed 450,000+ unique people activated and playing the game.

So apart from a 4 hour period, the vast majority authenticated first time, some second time, etc. Those who didn't were mainly sorted out by the FAQ on the forums, and others pointed towards SEGA customer services, who dealt with a few hundred enquiries.

Again, as Matt says, that's not acceptable for those that did have issues, but the statement that the vast majority of the 200,000 or so people who bought the game in that first weekend were able to authenticate without any problems is true - when you are dealing with the volume of sales that we did in that first weekend, and have a 80% success rate, that still leaves far too many people who have had issues, but if a large amount of those people are shouting about it, the problems can seem worse than they actually were (and it's still not acceptable that anyone had problems).

I must have been really unlucky as I sat for 13 hours trying to get my activated,no need to use FAQ,just a case of clicking the samething over and over till it worked.I suppose I have to believe you but 8 out of 10 1st time?I dont even want to think how many times I clicked the button to activate it but it must have been in the thousands and yet I kept missing out....whats the odds on that!

Also Matt-Sega is saying it was even and you are saying 80%...thats quite a difference.

At the end of the day the authentication issue was a disgrace. How does the fact that 50% got it working over the 1st weekend deserve applause? or even if 90% got it working over the 1st weekend, does that deserve applause? What about the thousands who were let down?

Does the fact that the game was so inadequately tested that it needed a patch on release day deserve applause?

CLAP CLAP CLAP

At the end of the day the authentication issue was a disgrace. How does the fact that 50% got it working over the 1st weekend deserve applause? or even if 90% got it working over the 1st weekend, does that deserve applause? What about the thousands who were let down?

Does the fact that the game was so inadequately tested that it needed a patch on release day deserve applause?

CLAP CLAP CLAP

all right lads calm down, i still havn't been able to play the game yet and some of you sound more annoyed than me lol, trust me i know its annoying but people are working hard to get everyone going..

CLAP CLAP CLAP

Very unfair. I have to take it that you are one of those perfect people that never make mistakes

You must kidding me?! The critisicm is well on spot and deserved!

CLAP CLAP CLAP

It doesn't need people bowing down and kissing thier feet, we just need to appreciate that they were willing to admit to their mistakes and do as much as possible to correct them.

Archived