does having loads of facepacks make the game slower?

I don't think there is much difference. It may be slightly slower when viewing a player profile where there is a picture but barely noticeable.

Skin cache means that the skin you last used is stored so that you don't need to load your graphics the next time you play your game. By having it ticked it only speeds it up when starting FM as it does not have to load the graphics from memory as they are in cache.

It doesn't make any difference to the game speed once you're playing whatsover. However, the loading screen (when you first start the game), will take a little bit longer as it has to cache all the images. But once your saved game is loaded, it matters not one iota how many faces you have.

It doesn't make any difference to the game speed once you're playing whatsover. However, the loading screen (when you first start the game), will take a little bit longer as it has to cache all the images. But once your saved game is loaded, it matters not one iota how many faces you have.

Wouldn't all that data take up extra memory once the game is loaded?

Only hard disc memory Aytumious, not RAM. I'm always noodling with player pics and other graphics. Whenever I buy a new player if I don't have his picture I google it and make my own, so I'm adding graphics every few days. When I add new ones I have to reload them from preferences and that takes a little while, but then when I'm playing it makes no difference at all to the speed.

Archived