Problems with my FM09

there have been (im guessing) millions of threads with people who have problems. but mine is unique.

i played fm09 through steam. and last night i started playing online against a mate through hamachi. the next morning i went to play when i got all these pop ups with numbers saying it couldn't load. so i thought i'll unistall the game and do it through the other company and not steam. so i couldn't find the uninstall.exe or whatever so i went to add/remove programs (on my xp) and deleted steam. now when i put in the football manager disc, nothing happens. no autorun or anything. i tried deleting the certificate like fm09 website said and re-booting and trying to install but it wouldn't pop up to install. could someone please help me?

thankyou in advance,

criscione.

there have been (im guessing) millions of threads with people who have problems. but mine is unique.

i played fm09 through steam. and last night i started playing online against a mate through hamachi. the next morning i went to play when i got all these pop ups with numbers saying it couldn't load. so i thought i'll unistall the game and do it through the other company and not steam. so i couldn't find the uninstall.exe or whatever so i went to add/remove programs (on my xp) and deleted steam. now when i put in the football manager disc, nothing happens. no autorun or anything. i tried deleting the certificate like fm09 website said and re-booting and trying to install but it wouldn't pop up to install. could someone please help me?

thankyou in advance,

criscione.

You should be able to double click on the disk in My Computer and autorun should start automatically, if not right click on the disk in my computer and select explore, then run the setup file or the autorun file. Hope that Helps

You should be able to double click on the disk in My Computer and autorun should start automatically, if not right click on the disk in my computer and select explore, then run the setup file or the autorun file. Hope that Helps

You're an absolute champion mate i really appreciate this. I wasn't expecting a reply for hours!!! straight away! i did the autorun and it didn't work but setup.exe did. thankyou so much. PROBLEM SOLVED!

You're an absolute champion mate i really appreciate this. I wasn't expecting a reply for hours!!! straight away! i did the autorun and it didn't work but setup.exe did. thankyou so much. PROBLEM SOLVED!

No worries mate, any time.

if someone could please help me with this problem i'd greatly appreciate it.

Ok, you should download a program called Your uninstaller and remove all traces of the installation, then try install again, dont forget to reboot after you uninstall. Let me know how you go.

hmmm well it installed but when i activated the code the same thing happened before. i printscreened what happened after i put in the activation code and double clicked Football Manager 2009:

4.jpg

Never seen so many items in a system tray! I hope you bought FM09 too, only I couldn't help but notice the bit torrent you had running there. ;)

Never seen so many items in a system tray! I hope you bought FM09 too, only I couldn't help but notice the bit torrent you had running there. ;)

hahaha nah i did buy it.

Once you remove all of the cache files and registry entries and then reinstall it, then it should work. I emphasise should. :D

where do i find the cache files and registry entries? in steam?

i tried what grimoz told me to do. still the same thing happens. i'm absolutly devistated atm.

You need to go to your 'my documents' folder and find your FM09 profile. Open the folder and delete everything in there (or just delete the folder itself) and you'll be able to play.

I don't have XP so i can't tell you exactly where it is more precisely, but it'll be in 'My documents/sports interactive/FM09' somewhere i think.

Failing that it will be in "documents and settings/application data/sports interactive/FM09"

You need to go to your 'my documents' folder and find your FM09 profile. Open the folder and delete everything in there (or just delete the folder itself) and you'll be able to play.

I don't have XP so i can't tell you exactly where it is more precisely, but it'll be in 'My documents/sports interactive/FM09' somewhere i think.

Failing that it will be in "documents and settings/application data/sports interactive/FM09"

ok i'll try that now

if that doesn't work, try this:

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

* Right-click on the FM shortcut.

* Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.

* In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

* Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

* If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:

C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/

* If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:

C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

That is because you only have C:\Program in the target box. You need to have all this: "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences" when resetting the preferences. Hope that helps. :)

i copy and pasted exactly what you and wakers did and thats what it came up with. dio mio all i wanna do is playyy :(:(

ok so it skipped everything now (all the warnings) except the football manager is running low on memory. that exited the game otherwise that thing wakers just told me worked. how do i clear up memory for football manager (im sorry guys i really appreciate your help fwiw :))

yeesh that's one long list of stuff. What are all the yahoo widgets you've got?

I have no idea what that status~1 thing is, now the hamachi.exe, no the wm.exe or wmrundll.exe are.

I dunno what savservice is (antivirus?)

Is that a laptop?

its a laptop through my school so it has programs we need for school like status wm wmrundle.

Get rid of chrome. Use Firefox.

Sophos(savservice) AV uses loads :D

Do you need yahoo widgets.. or steam?

i used to use firefox but i really like chrome :( its the bookmarks on firefox that dont work and i need bookmarks ahaha.

i need sophos thats through the school.

i can get rid of widgets and steam.

anything with the word "tray" on the end doesn't need to be running while you're playing FM - neither does itunes helper. I gateway is an application server so i dunno why that's running on your computer.

WM and WMRUNDLL.exe can be closed while you;re playing.

epower_dmc can also be closed.

You need WM for school? Its for Zen media players isn't it? :D

You have a lot of things running there. But if it worked before with all those things running then I don't think that is the problem. It might help by closing down some however.

Another thing you could try is increasing the amount of virtual memory you have.

1. Right click on My Computer and choose properties
  2. Click on the advanced tab
  3. In the performance area, click the setting button
  4. Click the advanced tab
  5. In the virtual memory section click change
  6. Then change it to something higher
  7. Click set
  8. Click ok through each window

Let us know how you get on :)

its a laptop through my school so it has programs we need for school like status wm wmrundle.

i used to use firefox but i really like chrome :( its the bookmarks on firefox that dont work and i need bookmarks ahaha.

i need sophos thats through the school.

i can get rid of widgets and steam.

Bookmarks work fine on FF :thup:

Would be easier/better to stop alot of things loading at boot up then it is killing the processes.

If you do reformat - when you reinstall all the stuff you need, make sure you don't leave anything that says "launch when windows starts" if you can - there's no need for those programs to be running in the background if you only use them at school - they launch when they're needed just as easily.

Archived