has anyone tried this.. (tactics related)

Has anyone ever made a tactic where one side of the pitch is totally overloaded and the players are all set to pass to that side?

I have just made a little test 4-4-1-1 with the player behind the forward on the right wing effectively giving me 2 right wingers with every player set to pass the ball to the right.

I won 6 games on the trot to win the serie a title.

If it works next season i'll post it up here.

Very interesting idea.

When you say every one set to pass to the right, does that include your RW and MR? Are they passing the ball back to the middle at all? or they just pass between themselves and the DR? It'd be interesting to see the "pass to" actually work.

If you play with 2D on, do they overlap each other all the time? In one of my tactics where I have 2 AMC and 1 FC, I find them standing at the exact same spot a lot of time. It look like

FC

AMC*2

instead of

FC

AMC AMC

Its been kind of mixed results so far. AFter 21 games I have won 16 drawn 6 and lost 1 but my team is awesome so its hard to tell how well the tactic is actually working.

I have won the league the last 2 seasons so its not as if its the tactics and only the tactics which is winning me games and quite often the opposition have had more possession and shots than me.

I am thinking of making a mirror tactic for overloading the left to see how switching between them works as I think that might be the answer for confusing the opponents even more.

I'd be interested to see how you get on. In the future I'm looking to remove all these 'cheat' tactics, so I welcome threads like this one as it helps me compile a nice big list of areas where the AI is a bit weak :)

Don't worry, I realise this is kind of exploiting the ai if I take it too far so i'll definitely let you know how it goes and upload the tactic if I start to be unbeatable.

Unbelievable, I made my tactic loading the right and an alternative loading up the left. Used it for a bit but all of a sudden a few of the ai teams started using the same tactic. I had no idea that was possible for the ai teams to copy a custom tactic but i'm pretty sure they did. I resigned from Pistoises at the end of the season after winning the serie a title for the 3rd year in a row and was then applying for other jobs, looked at the Juventus team and they were playing my left hand side tactic!

Maybe the ai is too good for cheap tricks like this. I've gone back to 4-5-1 anyway.

Archived