Ass. man. watching re-runs of some other game

I have ALWAYS played FM on the fastest speed possible, as i like to read the commentery and never watch a match. After getting severly frustrated with poor tactics, all of which kicked ass in previous FM games, i decided to slow down the game and actually watch a match. In doing so I have discovered that my ass man is actually off his rocker!!

I finally defeated the Mighty Conquering Arsenal 4-0 and after almost wetting myself in the process, i noticed that the ass man feedback is totally wrong throughout the ENTIRE match!

"Patrice Evra is having a particularly poor game today"... actually he got a 7.3 rating which says Mike Phelan talks cack ;)

"Rio Ferdinand has made a lot of mistakes today"... number of mistakes by Man of the Match Ferdinand.... NONE! ;)

"Wes Brown is looking tired and should be substituted".... Not when he is skinning Walcott for the ENTIRE match he isnt AND he had a green + sign next to his name WITH ONLY 53% fitness (i used all my subs so he had to stay on). ;)

Needless to say i sacked the prat!!! :p

I also noticed that the running commentary across the bottom of the screen is NOT indicative of what is going on in the match. Many times the commentary was completely incorrect....

"Campbell advances through the rain"... no he wasnt... he was running back towards his own goal

"Rooney knocks the ball on"... ANY rugby team would of been proud of Rooneys "effort" which skied over the goal

WHATS GOING ON?

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!

You are actually managing to 3 different levels of competence.

1. Is the "visual" game - this is where u watch the match and see which instructions your players are not following (i.e. player meant to be tight man-marking but instead wanders off on his own)

2. The "comentary" game - this is where you get to find out what somebody thinks is going on while they make a cup of tea and miss parts of the game! If you play using only this, you might be adjusting your tactics for NO apparent reason. The commentary is not stating what is going on in the game.

3. The "ass" man game - this is where it really goes bad. Your so called "best friend", gives you instructions that are meant to help you but can ACTUALLY be more damaging. (bit like SI) lol. Why the hell would he recomend taking off "SLOW" players who are skinning the oppostition? Or telling me the (my) Man of the Match is having a bad game riddled with mistakes?

LUCKILY this doesnt happen all the time but it does happen in EVERY MATCH!!!

IS THE MATCH ENGINE REALLY THIS FLAWED? :eek:

Suggestions about the Ass Man feedback

Fullbacks always get good ratings for me, even if they were poor. Just cause they run up the win and put 16 balls in the box doesnt mean they played that well.

Rio Ferdinand probably lost the ball a few times leaving Arsenal players to get some shots off. Overall he might have been solid but could have gifted Arsenal some goals.

Even though Wes Brown is playing well 53% condition alone is really bad leaving a player open to a long term injury.

Just some thoughts, but I agree overall I dont take much notice of the Assman reports. Try and get an Assman with good 'Tatical knowledge', might increase the accuracy of his feedback.

"Patrice Evra is having a particularly poor game today"... actually he got a 7.3 rating which says Mike Phelan talks cack

In the tab "home/away stats" they give you a boatload of in-game stats for your current side. If you ever break them down (pass pct, heading pct, tck pct, shot pct, fouls, fouled, interceptions, offsides) you'll notice that the ratings rarely fit what the player actually did.

i had a player that requested a transfer. seems he was always doing something wrong red cards, missing practice and the like. anyways he was a really good player. one game he received a 4. something 4.8 i think. i pasted my teams stats into excel and he had the highest rating, yet the game gave him a 4.8. i also checked under the player profile screen (stats tab) his team win pct when he's in the lineup. it was llike 75% while most regular starters were averaging the high 60's yet he had a way below average season rating.

SI's ratings have always puzzled me. Unless they are giving credit to stats that aren't presented in the stats screens it is currently flawed.

so after all this rambling your player may of actually had a poor game even with his displayed 7.3 rating

Yeah, the goalkeeper ratings are the worst, and the biggest indication that the ratings have almost nothing to do with what the player s doing. Instead, they are more of an indication on how well the player is currently playing. A higher rated player is more likely to do well in the next minute of the game than a lower rated player.

This is probably the reason for the superkeeper 'bug' that is not a bug per se, just bad coding.

one game he received a 4. something 4.8 i think. i pasted my teams stats into excel and he had the highest rating, yet the game gave him a 4.8.

They might get a very low rating if they made some costly mistakes. Like doing something wrong and take a goal as a result.

So, they might have had a great game overall but if they fail dramatically on an isolated play they almost always get a pretty low rating.

i have the same proplems with my acm he sometimes gets a end of match rating of 5 or somthing. but in the game he has made 35 passes out of 38 and won 6 out of 6 tackles. also won a few headers and made some interseptions. which i think is a alrite performence. though if he makes an assist or scores his rating will jump from the 5 to an 8 straight away. which dont really make sense to me.

• SI Staff

If you have a saved game and can export the pkm of the match in question (in the original post at the top, I would be more than happy to have a look and see why your assistant is saying things that seem a bit odd).

However, the Wes Brown comment you made seems a bit odd to me. If he was slightly injured (the green + next to his name) and down to 53% fitness, then surely any sane person would say he looks tired and you should consider subbing him. There is code in place so the assistant manager knows if there are subs left or not (so he can leave out the mention of subbing him), but in some cases you may still see a note suggesting subbing him after making your last sub, since the assistant manager notes are not updated constantly every second of the match but only at longer intervals.

I have ALWAYS played FM on the fastest speed possible, as i like to read the commentery and never watch a match. After getting severly frustrated with poor tactics, all of which kicked ass in previous FM games, i decided to slow down the game and actually watch a match. In doing so I have discovered that my ass man is actually off his rocker!!

I finally defeated the Mighty Conquering Arsenal 4-0 and after almost wetting myself in the process, i noticed that the ass man feedback is totally wrong throughout the ENTIRE match!

"Patrice Evra is having a particularly poor game today"... actually he got a 7.3 rating which says Mike Phelan talks cack ;)

"Rio Ferdinand has made a lot of mistakes today"... number of mistakes by Man of the Match Ferdinand.... NONE! ;)

"Wes Brown is looking tired and should be substituted".... Not when he is skinning Walcott for the ENTIRE match he isnt AND he had a green + sign next to his name WITH ONLY 53% fitness (i used all my subs so he had to stay on). ;)

Needless to say i sacked the prat!!! :p

I also noticed that the running commentary across the bottom of the screen is NOT indicative of what is going on in the match. Many times the commentary was completely incorrect....

"Campbell advances through the rain"... no he wasnt... he was running back towards his own goal

"Rooney knocks the ball on"... ANY rugby team would of been proud of Rooneys "effort" which skied over the goal

WHATS GOING ON?

I think I know to which "mistake" this refers, in Rio's case he probably "forgot" to take the mandatory drugs test (which would detect if a player a/ was off his face on drugs, b/ "cheating" or c/ taking medicine for an STD that his loved one may not know about (!)

As for sacking Phelan, I'd give him a job for life purely for the humour provided when he burst a balloon in the dug out leading to Sour Alex Ferguson "touching cloth" (allegedly!).

After Mutu scored 2 goals, getting 8.7 rating and voted MoM, my Ass.Man was having his team talk with the boys and was "Disappointed" with Mutus performance. I had to interfere and tell Mutu that my Ass.Man was on drugs and that I was "Delighted" with his performance. Stupid Ass.Man...

Archived