Improving Youth Teams

I'm playing as Sunderland in 2012 and so far haven't produced any world class regens through the youth teams. Can this be helped in any way. Also I'm playing on FM08 if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

Have Sunderland produced any world class players since 1912?

I don't think scouts would have any impact on the players that you produce. However you can use them to scout the world and poach other clubs best youth players if you want. :D

Poaching works for me. I'm probably a decade, if ever, away from building up my lower league club and upgrading to a decent youth academy. I poach players as often as possible.

sorry but how do u poach a youth player to your club. I did sign a player from another club under youth contract. When he came over, he is still under a youth contract until 17 yrs old to sign a professional contract. But when I check the home grown status, he is not considered 'trained by club' unlike my original youth team players.

sorry but how do u poach a youth player to your club. I did sign a player from another club under youth contract. When he came over, he is still under a youth contract until 17 yrs old to sign a professional contract. But when I check the home grown status, he is not considered 'trained by club' unlike my original youth team players.

The same way you sign any player. :)

He would not be "trained by club" as me must have trained at least 3 years with you when he was under 21. He will not be until he fulfills those requirements. He may be trained by association though if you signed him from another club in the same country to yours.

im liverpool in 2016 in fm08 and i have 1 regen who will be world-class in a couple of seasons. apart from that i got 1 from middlebrough and the rest are spanish and italian. still use bojan, fabregas, richards, sakho, dos santos, messi in my first team though.

Archived