wages

flu3

having gotten York City promoted in my first season, the following season i was given a transfer kity of £50k & a wage bill of £19k per week. after missing out on promotion in my second season by losing the play-off final i've now been given a transfer kity of £0k & a wage bill of £18.5k.

so i decided to go on a free agent spree, my wage bill after selling a few players will go into the season being around £23k.

so just wanting to know has anyone been fired for being over their wage bill? the board are obviouslly unhappy but will they fire me or is just board chat?

It is possible that you could get fired, but the main problem is how it affects your budget. If your lack of wage control takes the club into the red and it goes seriously downhill, then you will get sacked. A couple of k over the budget won't be a big deal.

It depends. If you are doing well enough by achieving the boards aims in competitions, then you probably won't be but if you are not achieving their aims there either then you could be in trouble. It is just one factor that when combined with others could get you the sack. On its own it probably won't.

Archived