Work Permits for Regens

Long time reader, first time poster.

It's not so much of a bug, more a frustrating issue. Manager of Woking, gone straight up to League 1 with over 100 points in both seasons and have found some excellent young regens to carry me into my new season (about 12 of them, some Japanese, Australian, fair few Africans). They all want to sign for me but I CANNOT get a work permit for any of them. I understand the 75% rule and as these guys mainly have U-21 Caps they don't qualify, but surely the nature of the appeal system is that players with extreme potential/that WILL play for the team in question on a regular basis can get one? Called something like 'extreme potential' in the Home Office Work Permit guidelines.

For instance, off the top of my head, Denilson (pretty sure he's not got a European passport) at Arsenal, didn't qualify for the 75% rule and still got a work permit, along with other U-21 stars in the past. And these guys are Premiership quality and willing to sign for a League 1 Woking! (Don't know why...) Is it because i'm not a big enough club? Would be nice to be able to appeal the original refusal in a more specific way, for instance appearing at a meeting at the FA to represent the case - if you did this all the time it would be ignored but if you only did it in the very special cases... Anyone got any ideas on how to, not bypass, but encourage a work permit being granted? Could edit their nationalities but feels like cheating to me and I don't want to cheat.

I've noticed the exact same thing (and posted a thread on it a couple of weeks back). It seems to me that the "highly talented" exception only seems to apply if the player comes from a "big" footballing nation - young Brazillians for example always seem to get WPs in my game, while I've found some extremely talented Chinese, Korean and African players who don't.

Archived