Leeds United Board Takeover

Curious, I'm Leeds United at the moment, in the premiership in my third season and a board take over is currently underway.

A board member (peter lorimer) is involved in part of a consortium to take me over, how much shall i be expecting to get from such a take over to anyone who has had this happen?

Also how long will it take after a board takeover to get taken over again out of curiosity? I want a rich tycoon but I don't want to edit anything in the editor.

I have a great young squad with -9/10 potential, 7 star coaches, world class facilities.

I had this happen to me on my leeds save. It happened to me in my second season while I was in the Championship. I still havent got to the end of it yet. Its been about 7-8 months worth of messages saying about the board takeover, and it keeps been on the rocks, and then back on track.

Hope you get further than I did. Let me know how you get on.

I had this happen to me on my leeds save. It happened to me in my second season while I was in the Championship. I still havent got to the end of it yet. Its been about 7-8 months worth of messages saying about the board takeover, and it keeps been on the rocks, and then back on track.

Hope you get further than I did. Let me know how you get on.

Mines been going on since the championship as well lol, 3 games into the premiership now though.

Peter Lorimer took over in my game but he gave me sod all money.

Thats what I thought would happen, so i'm hoping he won't take over.

Theres just been talks for months now, no embargo as of yet thank god, I said I would finish mid table so I managed to get 21 million, allowed me to sign a team more than capable of that as well.

Lucky You!! I got took over while at Norwich in league 1. Won promotion on the final day back to the championship (It was all rather tense and 4 teams could have won the league depending on results :-S)

So the new board say I can keep my job and I get a whole 500k to buy players with!! Plus a limit on wages of 8000 p/w!! Ive had to sign kids on frees and the flood my friendlies to try and get them fit!! Just hope the keep me up.......

nuts...

Why does Lorimer want to take over Leeds Utd, imho there should be a tycoon involved, a real business man, leeds has like one of the top 10 stadiums in the country in terms of size, one of the biggest fan bases, and the city been the capital of the north / 3rd biggest city in the uk has an appeal to players.

god i hate leeds legends :/

What are the chances of Lorimer leaving to another board takeover in the next few seasons?

I think it might be a good addition to FM if you had a relationship status with your chairman, and could maybe go public about what you disagree on instead of the automatic way fm currently has, add a bit more interaction to it, or even on people taking over you should be able to give your opinion on it.

nuts...

Why does Lorimer want to take over Leeds Utd, imho there should be a tycoon involved, a real business man, leeds has like one of the top 10 stadiums in the country in terms of size, one of the biggest fan bases, and the city been the capital of the north / 3rd biggest city in the uk has an appeal to players.

god i hate leeds legends :/

What are the chances of Lorimer leaving to another board takeover in the next few seasons?

Well the take over would have been done by a consortium and Peter would merely be the head of it.

I think it might be a good addition to FM if you had a relationship status with your chairman, and could maybe go public about what you disagree on instead of the automatic way fm currently has, add a bit more interaction to it, or even on people taking over you should be able to give your opinion on it.

I agree good idea :thup:

He took over in the second season I was up in the Prem. (4th year of game) and it did not take very long. I have been pretty tight on wages and manged to sock away 50mil and the board vote to expand the stadium by 15000 seats without me asking.

I had a Tycoon take me over during the summer after promotion to the Premiership. The embargo didn't give me much time to buy players but the 80M in transfer funds made up for that!

I was expected to stay clear of relegation but thanks to the cash I finished 9th , now in my second season in the Premiership (4th in all with Leeds) I am 4th but only after 14 games or so , early days. They expected mid-table and only gave me 134M :-)

I like this board !

• 2 weeks later...

think my guy is a random in the game. never heard of him before. he is called brian o'sullivan and the takeover has failed and gone back on like 7 times and i missed the transfer window :(

just about managing in the premiership, but getting loads of injuries and having to play u18s now :(

Also had a take over from Lorimer in 2011/12, in the Premiership. Got no money but things are going well so I still have a job. Pleasing to see a number of players from League 1 are cutting it in the Premier League too (Delph, Howson and Richardson play almost every game, Beckford, Kilkenny and Sheehan still regulars, Ankegren reserve keeper, not bad really).

Same for me, I've still got delph playing...

When I got taken over in my save the new chairman wanted to replace me with steve bruce but eventually let me stay (I guess back to back promotions count for something) ... steve staunton abandoned me as assman soon after to become a coach at portsmouth

I only got 8 million to spend in my first prem season but managed to sell Morgan Schneiderlin for 14 million (12 million profit!) which really helped me bolster my side

I've had the exact same thing happen to me in my first season, so it seems like almost everyone gets Peter Lorimer.

Kind of off topic but I expanded Elland Road to its max capacity of 55 000, and now every time I ask the board to expand the stadium it says that there is no more space, but there's no talk of building a new stadium. Does anybody have a clue as too how much money you need in your balance to build a new stadium?

I've had the exact same thing happen to me in my first season, so it seems like almost everyone gets Peter Lorimer.

Kind of off topic but I expanded Elland Road to its max capacity of 55 000, and now every time I ask the board to expand the stadium it says that there is no more space, but there's no talk of building a new stadium. Does anybody have a clue as too how much money you need in your balance to build a new stadium?

i tryed to expand my stadium at sampdoria which is 39,000 and we fill it up now after i won serie A in my 2nd season, but the board return to say the council won't let me expand or move to a new stadium?

:( i don't see sampdoria being world beaters if i can't expand to increase revenue

Archived