Tycoon chairman with no sense of business?

I got lucky that my takeover with Newcastle ended with a business tycoon from Taiwan taking over and pumping some money into my club.

He allowed me to spend half of that as a transfer budget which I did.

Now, start of season 2.

Balance: 70m.

New transfer budget: 95m

New wage budget: 90m (currently around 50).

Now question: Is my boss mad or will he invest more money as soon as I spend my budget, which would take the club deep into the reds?

And if I do spend it without new money, will he hold that against me or will he agree that actually HE allowed that to happen? If the former happened, it really should be addressed.

I have just sold Colloccini for 36m to ManCity because I spent most of my budget and only had 10m left in the balance. So clarification might be helpful :)

I think I have seen threads were it went both ways,1 time your club would be in big trouble and another were the chairman would keep ploughing money into the club,I think I also saw 1 thread were some guy spent a huge amount and a huge wage bill the club was going bankrupt but then another tycoon bought the club,I guess it could be seen as a gamble but then again thats why you are the manager to make these choices.

Fair enough and I made my decisions (to be cautious that is).

But as a matter of fact I would have kept Colloccini of course if money was no issue and now I'm left with a 45m budget which I would spend on a class MR and a backup SC if I knew I could without having to fear receivership. Receivership would hit me damn hard as half of my first team is wanted by the big clubs and would be gone.

Fair enough and I made my decisions (to be cautious that is).

But as a matter of fact I would have kept Colloccini of course if money was no issue and now I'm left with a 45m budget which I would spend on a class MR and a backup SC if I knew I could without having to fear receivership. Receivership would hit me damn hard as half of my first team is wanted by the big clubs and would be gone.

Anyone else thinking of Leeds utd when they read this?

yeah i did not get a tycoon but a member of the board being promoted in my newcastle game, meaning no funds at all for that first season. but i have heard that the tycoon types always keep the balance above 40 million, if it goes below they put extra money in. Test it out.

I think your right lawsie, just occured to me why my chairman puts 20mil into the balance then another time only 1mil, cause the 20mil was when I bought alot of players so the balance went down alot and 1mil was prob just propping the balance up. Interesting

• SI Staff

The tycoon chairmen tend to keep their clubs in good cash, so yes, you will see them inject more money into the club if the balance drops too low (depends on the tycoon resources, club stature etc.)

However, it should be noted that even the tycoons do not have endless resources themselves, so eventually they will have to inject money via loans rather than just dumping cash at the club. Eventually this can dry up their resources in the long run as well and can leave the club in financial turmoil if they are still spending like crazy and then suddenly won't get the cash injections they used to get earlier from the chairman. At this point the club needs to drastically cut their spending (especially if they haven't established decent income from other sources like gate receipts etc.) or find a new rich owner. So just something to keep in mind for the long run ;)

The tycoon chairmen tend to keep their clubs in good cash, so yes, you will see them inject more money into the club if the balance drops too low (depends on the tycoon resources, club stature etc.)

However, it should be noted that even the tycoons do not have endless resources themselves, so eventually they will have to inject money via loans rather than just dumping cash at the club. Eventually this can dry up their resources in the long run as well and can leave the club in financial turmoil if they are still spending like crazy and then suddenly won't get the cash injections they used to get earlier from the chairman. At this point the club needs to drastically cut their spending (especially if they haven't established decent income from other sources like gate receipts etc.) or find a new rich owner. So just something to keep in mind for the long run ;)

I'm looking forward to the day this happens to Chelski and Man U IRL :D.

Good to see that tycoon money can dry up not just when he leaves the club. Adds a new challenge when you suddenly find yourself losing 6 million a month :).Sell-out.

These Tycoon fellas, do they only appear in the bigger leagues (in game)? Or is it, for instance, possible for a rich fella from Dubai to invest money in lets say Cercle Bruges?

Not sure, but irl they only take clubs who have a certain exposure like big income form TV matches. So the EPL will attract more of these rich tycoons then the Juliper League. But how the game reflect this I have no idea.

I'm looking forward to the day this happens to Chelski and Man U IRL :D.

Good to see that tycoon money can dry up not just when he leaves the club. Adds a new challenge when you suddenly find yourself losing 6 million a month :).Sell-out.

ye but Utd and Chelski have monet coming in from other sources dont they so you're gonna be waitin a loooong time! :)

I can only speak about the team which has suddenly turned into the most sought after in FM, yes, Man City. ;)

During the second season, the owner has injected in excess of 250M Euros. Start of every month, whenever the balance goes below 50M he always intervenes and replenish the coffers. How long he'll be doing this, I don't know, he's still doing it in the 3rd season.

If his "coffers" will get exhausted, it would be interesting for him to warn of this in advance, as, I suppose would happen IRL. But I guess the game is not as sophisticated, is it?

I had a Korean tycoon take me over at Hull. First season he pumped in more money every month, but at the end of that season decided he was withdrawing his financial support to explore other opportunities within Europe, but would remain as chairman.

I still get decent transfer budgets, but apart from that the money situation isn't great.

i am city in my third season while i have spent 250 mill i have made 230mill aswell so is good i had a budget of 98 mill after a 65 mill budget and players i sold i paid 98 mill for ronaldo plus 32 mill over 2 years and my funds plumeted into the red then my board shoved 115 mill to get me back to 50 mill in the bank. :) my normal bank levels are 40 - 50 mill if it drops i get a injection :) so in answer you should keep gettin injections :p

Doing Dafuges Challenge as Ramsgate I got taken over by some swiss tycoon. The club are now worth £10mil, i have a transfer budget of £5m and a wage budget of £20k. I can't even get close to spending that in the blue square south!. My question is: why take over Ramsgtae?

Doing Dafuges Challenge as Ramsgate I got taken over by some swiss tycoon. The club are now worth £10mil, i have a transfer budget of £5m and a wage budget of £20k. I can't even get close to spending that in the blue square south!. My question is: why take over Ramsgtae?

he might like a challenge.start small.

Well, tycoons who take over smaller clubs should keep supporting them over a longer period. Like when Rushden & Diamons had a rich investor - I'm sure he wanted them to go all the way to the top. So, taking over a team in the Conference isn't stupid if you can get hem all the way to the Premier League by spending just £30-40M (maybe only £10-15M to get to the Championship). By then, the club will be able to make much more money than you have pumped in. And once a club is in the Premier League, it could be worth it to start injecting big cash to make them an European powerhouse. If a rich tycoon takes over a small Conference team and only injects money for a few seasons, that would seem quite stupid. I don't know how that actually works in the game.

ye but Utd and Chelski have monet coming in from other sources dont they so you're gonna be waitin a loooong time! :)

IIRC Man Utd are making "some" profits from their massive sources of income and Chelsea haven't turned a profit since Abramovich bought them. So it's not all rosey for them. At a guess Manure would should their owners sell up but Chelsea would just crumble into Leeds Utd if Abramovich left. :D

What kind of budgets do QPR get? Is sugar daddy turned on for them or not?

As Riz said, Citeh is the only AI club that starts with a SD. IRL, whilst QPR is owned by someof the richest guys around, they aren't actually investing unreasonable amounts, and the team doesn't really boast a premiership-class squad.

on my save i was offered the portsmouth job and they had been bought by a tycoon a few seasons previous. I realised that the club were actually making a loss of 4mill a month due to previous managers transfers and high wages. My chairman also gives me a transfer budget of £100mill, witha balance of about £70mill. but everytime the balance drops below £40mill, he puts his hands in his pocket and makes sure there is at least £40mill in the clubs balance....which is handy :)

IIRC Man Utd are making "some" profits from their massive sources of income and Chelsea haven't turned a profit since Abramovich bought them. So it's not all rosey for them. At a guess Manure would should their owners sell up but Chelsea would just crumble into Leeds Utd if Abramovich left. :D

ye. i dont know why people lump utd and chelsea into the same category. different situations really. if the glazers wanted to go utd would just be floated again. if abramovitch left...well like you said, chelsea would be in a bit of trouble. but he'll never leave so it wont happen ne way.

oh, cheers for using the munich reference by calling us Manure. classy

Alas poor Gretna, I knew them well... Probably the best example of a small club being owned by a tycoon. A classic rags to riches to rags story if ever there was. I wonder could a similar thing can happen in FM when your tycoon disappears and the money stops coming in...

yeh i think it can,and then if you have lots of money paying out then you go in debt.

Excellent! I can't wait for all the whingeing posts from people saying "HELP! I took Man City for an easy ride and we've gone into administration! What will I do?? I can't cope!!"

i think man city will be very hard to go in debt tho because they have the sugar daddy on when you start the game,but saying that i heard that any team can go into debt.

man city chairman has access to £556 billion if you want the game to play realistically then they'll never run into money problems

to put it into simple terms a child collecting stamps is the equivalent(sp?) of him buying players, i know its ridiculous for a game but wait till january and everyone will see that man city will buy as many ppl they can just like FM

i think there shoulds till be a limit to how much money Chairman can put into a club' date=' every chairman has a limit, after 500 million beeing pumped into a club after 2 or 3 season's IRL may see the guy going bankrupt lol[/quote']

Well:

:)

Archived