2D imganiation, better then 3D reality?

i think the most real difference between FM s (also old CM s) series and the other manager games, is the realistic game play and realistic athmosphere. But now i think it is ruined. because in the 2d match mode we imagine the players and the goals, the fauls ets... by ourselves, and it was like a tradition to imagine the matches in the CM series, i even remember the speaker(announcer ) mode, which is only the speaker talking and we were reading the matches, but know SIGA is ruined it's own tradition.:(

I know you some dudes will say, FM2009 has still 2d mode and i can play with it, but it is also so slow even in 2d mode, i wish i can olny read the speakers comments:rolleyes:

I just wondered if im alone in this? I play with the 2D match engine, not because I hate the 3D (although not a massive fan) but because I like to imagine how the game is being played. Anyone understand or even get me!? :rolleyes:

The reality of 3D is nothing compared to how id iamgine it after seeing it in 2D.

Anyone get me or understand!? :D

I was trying to find a thread about it but wasn't sure what to type!

Maybe it is just me but I like my personal interpretation on the game.

Im not knocking the 3D at all, Its a massive step in the right direction. I think it will be amazing a couple of years on.

I agree that 2D is much better than 3D. 3D is pretty amateurish when compared to simulation games available but 2D, especially TV view is awesome.

To be honest, I never understood those who preferred "only commentary". As soon as 2D became available, my first response was "omg, how did we ever play this game without this!".

I believe I will be saying the same for 3D in the years to come, but not yet.

To be honest, I never understood those who preferred "only commentary".

Because with commentary mode, 90% of the crippling faults in the match engine disappear.

Even in 2D you can see players not closing down or shooting from a thousand miles away.

In commentary, nada. It's wonderful.

Because with commentary mode, 90% of the crippling faults in the match engine disappear.

Even in 2D you can see players not closing down or shooting from a thousand miles away.

Wonderful? You must be very simple person. The same commentary lines have been there for years. It's boring and bland. Do you really get a buzz from reading that Player X has kicked the ball into row Z again?

It was good 10 years ago, but it's time to get with the times instead of being so bloody cynical about everything SI try to do

I totally agree

and smurfdude, please dont criticize people by telling "simple person"

everyone has his own idea, and you should respcet

I just wondered if im alone in this? I play with the 2D match engine, not because I hate the 3D (although not a massive fan) but because I like to imagine how the game is being played. Anyone understand or even get me!? :rolleyes:

The reality of 3D is nothing compared to how id iamgine it after seeing it in 2D.

Anyone get me or understand!? :D

I get you completely. :-)

Shame the 2D (or 2D Classic) is not as good for FM 2009 as it was for FM 2008. Pitch looks smaller on the screen now, and I guess the other thing is the match engine at present which is not half as exciting as FM 2008.

With dots (or icons) you can use your imagination to "see" Gerrard, Messi, or whoever. With the new 3D the effect is that it takes that mental process away from you, and of course the representation of the players is not as good as your own imagination. By taking away from the imagination, an immersiveness factor is lost.

It's a difficult thing to explain this, isn't it? But yes I do "get" you. Another thing is that with 3D you can't see the entire pitch and how your entire formation is doing etc. Some 3D settings come very close to doing so though but it's not the same.

I wouldn't want those who prefer 3D to not have that available to them (and improved upon), but it would be nice if the quality of the 2D option does not deteriorate either. In my opinion, the graphical display for the 2D in FM 2008 was near-perfect.

I get you completely. :-)

Shame the 2D (or 2D Classic) is not as good for FM 2009 as it was for FM 2008. Pitch looks smaller on the screen now, and I guess the other thing is the match engine at present which is not half as exciting as FM 2008.

With dots (or icons) you can use your imagination to "see" Gerrard, Messi, or whoever. With the new 3D the effect is that it takes that mental process away from you, and of course the representation of the players is not as good as your own imagination. By taking away from the imagination, an immersiveness factor is lost.

It's a difficult thing to explain this, isn't it? But yes I do "get" you. Another thing is that with 3D you can't see the entire pitch and how your entire formation is doing etc. Some 3D settings come very close to doing so though but it's not the same.

I wouldn't want those who prefer 3D to not have that available to them (and improved upon), but it would be nice if the quality of the 2D option does not deteriorate either. In my opinion, the graphical display for the 2D in FM 2008 was near-perfect.

agree:thup:

Wonderful? You must be very simple person.

**** you.

The same commentary lines have been there for years. It's boring and bland. Do you really get a buzz from reading that Player X has kicked the ball into row Z again?

Yes it maybe something we've seen a hundred times before, but at least it represents the beautiful game. Perhaps unlike you I've actually got an imagination and thusly can fill in the blanks. So that "kick into row z" that in 2D or 3D you see as a trickle across the line, in my head it's a last ditch piece of amazing defending to take the pressure off.

It was good 10 years ago, but it's time to get with the times instead of being so bloody cynical about everything SI try to do

Age doesn't wither greatness. A movie wont be better than a book. Plus of course at no point was I being cynical about what they were trying to do, merely explaining to someone else something they couldn't grasp.

So feel free to remove your oar at any point.

VB

i have to say, i just love watching matches in 3D. it's really great seeing the play open up, yelling at my player to play the through ball, and then swelling with pride as he sends my striker through for a goal. it's brilliant, but it could look better when the stadiums are finally able to be modded.

Archived