People For God Sake!!!!!

I seriously am getting tired of people on these forums complaining about bugs that have been reported time and time again along with the constant "Will My Computer Run This" & "Do I Need A New Graphics Card" questions. I know im probably going to get flamed for posting this but seriously in regards to the "Will My Computer Run This" questions please take into account these points -

1. Required System Requirements are available before any purchasing of the game, if you are not sure then dont buy it, simple, or better yet see point 2.

2. The reason a demo is released before the full version is not only for players to get a feel for the game but also to make sure that the game will run fine of their machine. If you are not sure if it will run then download the demo (either vanilla or strawberry) and try it out instead of coming on an complaining that the full version you have purchased doesnt work.

3. SI dont have time to analyse every single user computer (they are hopefully fixing the bugs in FM09 - doing a good job by the way) so coming on here stating that you dont know what type of system you have but would like to run FM is useless, in my opinion if you can figure out how to post in a forum like this then you should be at least aware of the main specs of your PC like CPU, RAM and to a lesser extent Video Card. I understand that not everybody can be a computer genius but dont be so ignorant when it comes to the technology that you are using. Find out, show it to someone who knows.

Graphics Questions are a whole other beast so I wont go into detail about that, but what I will say is that most modern day graphics cards will run FM09 very well, most onboard graphics cards wont, simple as that. Once again if your not sure, use the DEMO!!!!!

Sorry if this post has seemed a little harsh on other posters but people come on here to discuss the fantastic game that is Football Manager 2009 not to discuss what type of system you should get. Sure they are entitled to ask but it should only need to be posted as a last resort when you have exhausted every other option.

One last thing, SI have copped far too much criticism regarding FM09, its time for people to lay off a bit, they take time out of their busy schedule to answer your questions in the forums while working there Butts off to get the latest patches made available for you, I for one have never had a problem with any of my FM games and ive been playing since champ manager 2. SI I applaud you for the magnificent work you do even if the ungrateful T*#s dont appreciate it.

Thanks for saying what I'd wanted to say but never bothered to. Unfortunately this is also the type of thread that will, from what I've seen, end up getting closed...

I dont think SI have a reason to close this forum, Im simply stating some helpful points for users while standing up for SI in the process, if they close it then I will be rather disapointed. I appreciate all the people that agree with me, now if only the users in question would read this.

I dont think SI have a reason to close this forum, Im simply stating some helpful points for users while standing up for SI in the process, if they close it then I will be rather disapointed. I appreciate all the people that agree with me, now if only the users in question would read this.

While I agree with most of your points, you yourself admit your tone might have been a little harsh and I feel some of the words you have used might be considered offensive too.

And the reason why your thread might be closed by the moderators has already again been mentioned by yourself, "I know im probably going to get flamed for posting". Mods might close such threads because they know such threads, however valid their content may be, are incendiary by nature and will most likely degenerate into flame wars and children playground spats. Hence their tough policing stance.

While I agree with most of your points, you yourself admit your tone might have been a little harsh and I feel some of the words you have used might be considered offensive too.

And the reason why your thread might be closed by the moderators has already again been mentioned by yourself, "I know im probably going to get flamed for posting". Mods might close such threads because they know such threads, however valid their content may be, are incendiary by nature and will most likely degenerate into flame wars and children playground spats. Hence their tough policing stance.

Your point is taken. I just needed to get this out of my system, it annoys me, thats all, Im not targeting anyone in particular. I apologise if this post offends anyone but it had to be said.

While you might have a point, (and I agree with your sentiments), this thread actually contributes nothing to the forum and will probably be closed in the same way that a repetetive and non-constructive post would be. The fact that you then finish your post off with an offensive remarkactually guarantees that the thread will be closed and you lose all credebility.

People who participate in threads that are critical of the game can benefit the developers of the game, (and therefore us the players of the game), as long as theur criticism is informative and constructive. The contents of this thread however are neither and in no way can improve the decelopment of the game.

Some would argue in fact, that this type of thread makes the opening poster, (and the other participants), part of the problem, (rather than the solution to the problem).

I reserve the right to be critical of the game when and if I like. Actually I;m quite liking FM09 and the problems I'm encountering, (after a shambolic activation procedure), seem to be cosmetic in the main.

I will continue to post about probllems I find with the game in the hope that they might be removed in subsequent patches. I always search first but the search feature is not great and neither is posters naming of threads. In any case, I'm quite happy to be thought of as a twit with an A by you and people like you.

I hate threads that moan about people moaning about oeople moaning about people moaning etc etc etc.

Your point is taken. I just needed to get this out of my system, it annoys me, thats all, Im not targeting anyone in particular. I apologise if this post offends anyone but it had to be said.

Cheers mate. :) It would be good if you could edit out the one distasteful word (ungrateful "----") so as to not risk getting an infraction for swearing.

And I realise you just wanted to 'let off steam' since the sight of all those complaint threads must have upset you a lot. Truth be told, those posts were an eyesore to myself as well, but I chose to ignore them by large and refrain from contributing to any pointless arguments in them.

But I also recognise that those people have a right to be upset at what they perceive as major flaws in the game, and as long as they post constructively and refrain from using expletives or personal attacks, I feel those people have the right to post their complaints on these boards.

While you might have a point, (and I agree with your sentiments), this thread actually contributes nothing to the forum and will probably be closed in the same way that a repetetive and non-constructive post would be. The fact that you then finish your post off with an offensive remarkactually guarantees that the thread will be closed and you lose all credebility.

People who participate in threads that are critical of the game can benefit the developers of the game, (and therefore us the players of the game), as long as theur criticism is informative and constructive. The contents of this thread however are neither and in no way can improve the decelopment of the game.

Some would argue in fact, that this type of thread makes the opening poster, (and the other participants), part of the problem, (rather than the solution to the problem).

I reserve the right to be critical of the game when and if I like. Actually I;m quite liking FM09 and the problems I'm encountering, (after a shambolic activation procedure), seem to be cosmetic in the main.

I will continue to post about probllems I find with the game in the hope that they might be removed in subsequent patches. I always search first but the search feature is not great and neither is posters naming of threads. In any case, I'm quite happy to be thought of as a twit with an A by you and people like you.

I hate threads that moan about people moaning about oeople moaning about people moaning etc etc etc.

You make some very valid points, but just so you understand I dont have a problem with anyone posting bugs, in fact I encourage people to post bugs as it clearly helps SI fix problems, but when they get reported 600 times it kinda wears a bit thin and when people go out of there way to abuse SI in a way that is unwarranted, those people are the t*&@s, not you. SI in my opinion do a fantastic job, yes they had some problems upon activation but they did all they could to fix it. My post was more aimed at the system requirements too, the bug part was just a small portion of what i was trying to get at.

Well said mate, People have a right to say how they feel, Maybe Si should just open up a complaints file.

Archived