Alas, something good about FM 09!

It seems nowadays the FM Series is being slated, but here i am in my second season as Manchester United manager, absolutely loving the game.

I just find it amazing this year that the match engine actually puts together beautiful and slick countering moves and the 2d match engine although graphically limited has been improved no end. You can tell a big difference when a new signing you have brought fits into your system on this version of FM, much more than the others.

In previous FM titles the reward of a 30 million pound signing normally meant you bagged a few more goals every match. However, in the new FM09 you get more for your money, i have just brought phillipp lahm from Bayern Munich for 26 million and Sergio Aguero for 32.5 Million, and immediately the start of the season has been an amazing success, not only just results, but chances during the 2d matches have come with the added effect that you see the pure class of these signings working there magic on the field, taking it past players, passing half way across the field that i didnt believe a fm 2d player could possibly do based on the way my first season went. Aguero coming deep for the ball, moving it past a defender, creating some space for himself, then delicately flicking it out to the right where ronaldo latches onto the through ball and dribbles all the way to the byline and pings a cross only to have tevez tap the ball into the back of the net against those blasted Arsenal!

I can safely say im starting to absolutely adore this game, even though a new patch is obviously needed to clear up a few things, i believe that i have, after a while, fell in love with this game.

Archived