How do I stop a player becoming homesick :(

Hi guys,

I have a young Italian player (Parisi) who is in all honesty going to be an absolute superstar. At 21 years old he is by far my best player.

Problem is that he is currently ;having personal problem' and is homesick. This is the second time this has happened and for a second time I have given him a leave of absense.

How can I stop him having these problems? I have just checked his personal page and he can now speak English which I would have thought would have been the problem (i.e. can't settle into area etc) but no he still has issues.

I don't want to have to sell this guy, so any ideas how I can cheer him up?

Cheers.

Hi guys,

I have a young Italian player (Parisi) who is in all honesty going to be an absolute superstar. At 21 years old he is by far my best player.

Problem is that he is currently ;having personal problem' and is homesick. This is the second time this has happened and for a second time I have given him a leave of absense.

How can I stop him having these problems? I have just checked his personal page and he can now speak English which I would have thought would have been the problem (i.e. can't settle into area etc) but no he still has issues.

I don't want to have to sell this guy, so any ideas how I can cheer him up?

Cheers.

Try signing some more young italian players, or loan him back to an Italian team for a season.

I signed a european player who eventually became homesick so I decided to sign a fellow countrymen so he felt more at home and after about a month they started fighting and started to hate each other, couldnt win. So i ended up selling both and bought a top class junior who has averaged close to 8.0 in the 24 appearances he has made.

The personal issues thing happened to me once when I was playing an LLM game. Give him 30 days leave if you have that option. While he's away, bring some of his favoured personnel to the club.

Is that still in FM09? I touhgt it was removed as of FM08 or did I just overlooked this in both versions?

Archived