The Game Is Not Actually That Bad/Hard?

I have spend years just reading posts on this forum and read through a lot of rants and complaints about the game. While some of them have been fine, some I simply cant relate to.

I have just finished my first season with Arsenal and I won the quadruple, made some good signings and well, had fun. I used the same formation for the whole season (4-4-2) and adjusted my team tactics only slightly. Im not trying to say im great only trying to say I dont understand why people say you have to adjust your tactics game by game etc. I understand maybe if I was a smaller club this would help but in my personal experience the game is not over complicated.

Also I dont find the matches THAT bad. Yeah there are some annoying things but they are no worse then the 2D matches and add quite abit to the match. Also there have been a lot of complaints about things such as the number of long shots. It would be hard to find someone who would rate Glen Johnson in double digits for Long Shots but if he can hit a volley that good, im sure you can forgive it happening now and again on FM.

Im going on abit here, but I feel like im the only one who does not think the game is THAT bad and is actually playable. Am I alone thinking this or is the game that bad?

I have recently developed a lot of gripes with the game. However, I certainly feel it's playable and I'm still enjoying it. Just getting a bit fed up with some of the glaring issues.

It's hard, though. Tactics feel like a big problem to me. There's so many possible combinations of sliders and individual instructions that it feels like you're fumbling in the dark in the hope of stumbling on something that works.

I have recently developed a lot of gripes with the game. However, I certainly feel it's playable and I'm still enjoying it. Just getting a bit fed up with some of the glaring issues.

It's hard, though. Tactics feel like a big problem to me. There's so many possible combinations of sliders and individual instructions that it feels like you're fumbling in the dark in the hope of stumbling on something that works.

Tactics are very hard to get right, but other than that I am really enjoying it.

I have spend years just reading posts on this forum and read through a lot of rants and complaints about the game. While some of them have been fine, some I simply cant relate to.

I have just finished my first season with Arsenal and I won the quadruple

People constantly post about how Arsenal are grossly overrated in FM09. That, and that it's very easy to achieve success with a club that is already big, negate the point of your post.

People constantly post about how Arsenal are grossly overrated in FM09. That, and that it's very easy to achieve success with a club that is already big, negate the point of your post.

I know but being a Arsenal fan i naturally chose them. I brought what I think arsenal needed IRL (experienced DM and CB, GK etc.) Im not sure Arsenal have individuals quite the same level as Man Utd and Chelsea.

What im saying is the game cant be hard and complicated if so much sucess can be achived with not so much tactical input.

I know but being a Arsenal fan i naturally chose them. I brought what I think arsenal needed IRL (experienced DM and CB, GK etc.) Im not sure Arsenal have individuals quite the same level as Man Utd and Chelsea.

What im saying is the game cant be hard and complicated if so much sucess can be achived with not so much tactical input.

try it with a blue square premier team then post back how easy it is :rolleyes:

try it with a blue square premier team then post back how easy it is :rolleyes:

Thats exactly what I plan to do as soon as i finish all my college work (Im 16, I really should be outdoors lol). I got Oxford to the premiership on FM07 I think, but yeah, i know there the richest etc.

I just won the prem with Leeds after three seasons in the premier league.

the first two, i finished 14th and 13th, then all of a sudden without buying anyone, or changing my tactics i'm sat atop of the division, with arsenal 9 points behind me and one game to go.

weird little game....

Then the game cant be that hard?

I am 3rd with Bromley but it is tough going with the striker bug, the long shots, and as ever with SI the endless (endless) injuries. Four strikers lost int two matches (back-to-back)

i am enjoying the game.....but the end is nigh

I haven't played a footie sim since the last decent Champ Man. Upon returning to the genre with FM09 I am finding it extremely difficult to win games I know I should win and can't help but think alot is down to pot luck and messing around with slider bars.

Third season in with AFC Wimbledon still in the BSS, mid table finish first season, playoffs semis second season and well third season has started shambolically.

The frustrating thing is I know my team is alot stronger since I took over in terms of stats, particulaly the defence, yet you wouldn't know it looking at results. Its a very, very, frustrating game....

I don't mind losing, i mean thats football, its just that it feels that the outcome of match is determined before I even choose my tactics.

I have just finished my first season with Arsenal and I won the quadruple, made some good signings and well, had fun. Am I alone thinking this or is the game that bad?

You answerd your own question in the first line... Arsenal are like the superteam. there is a bug that has them at godlike level.

At first I was in the camp of it being too hard to get tactics right and such, in my first season I got relegated as Middlesbough.

But now i've realised it's because it's a much more detailed game than previous versions. To get succes you need to handle press conferences and team talks better, actually look and take in each players personallity in the coach report screen and treat each player accordingly.

After doing that and currently using stock tactics i'm on a 10 game winning streak, albeit with Ajax but I thought that would be impossible after my first season.

Still some bugs do need to be ironed out. And although SI can't fix this many players are far too overrated which spoils some aspects of playing european games.

Best FM yet imo.

Archived