Cant downlond the Editor patch

I have being ask for help in a few thread but no help

I've tried installing the latest patch (v1.1) for the Official Data Editor but each time an error occurs.

"Can't create output file: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\tools\data editor\data editor.exe"

NEED HELP:mad:

most likely: you've installed with steam and if that's the case you don't need to run that patch anyway because steam installs it automatically

slightly less likely: you installed to a directory other than the default and so you need to browse to the correct folder to install the patch in the installer

last ditch: if you're on vista run the install as admin

this is gonna be a really noob question, but should editor patch be v9.1.0??? coz im sure that when i installed the game patch (when the game came out) the editor became v9.1.0, so i cant tell if the editor patch worked or not....so stupid

if it didnt work, then how do you install it?? (another noob question :{ ).

i downloaded the application (fm2009_editor_v1.1) into the right directory (C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\tools\data editor) and then when i tried to open the application and it told me to unzip, so i did, and then two files appeared, 'editor changelist', and an application extension called 'msvcr80.dll'.

when i try an open the application again, it tells me to unzip again, but obviously unzipping doesnt work.

now what do i do??? cheers for any help

this is gonna be a really noob question, but should editor patch be v9.1.0??? coz im sure that when i installed the game patch (when the game came out) the editor became v9.1.0, so i cant tell if the editor patch worked or not....so stupid

if it didnt work, then how do you install it?? (another noob question :{ ).

i downloaded the application (fm2009_editor_v1.1) into the right directory (C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\tools\data editor) and then when i tried to open the application and it told me to unzip, so i did, and then two files appeared, 'editor changelist', and an application extension called 'msvcr80.dll'.

when i try an open the application again, it tells me to unzip again, but obviously unzipping doesnt work.

now what do i do??? cheers for any help

there should also be a file called 'data editor.exe', the editor version doesn't change (99% sure) with the other patch. it sounds to me like the patch install worked fine :)

thanks for the link, even with the sarcastic overtones :p

Me? Sarcastic? Never! ;)

Archived