The dreaded green cross!

I get at least one EVERY match I play in, around 60% of the time it's an injury which takes around 2 weeks to go away and the other 40% the player goes down to a fitness of 20-30% so are unplayable for the next two or three games anyway. I hate these! The CPU never seems to get anywhere near as many, everytime my "physio rushes onto the pitch" or "player x looks in pain", I get either a green or red cross. Everytime a CPU player gets this message it's only his fitness that goes down around 10%. Are SI sure there aren't too many of these occurring? They're the most frustrating thing by far!

In my game where I've taken Wycombe from league 2 to the premiership, the injuries only became an issue in my 1st premiership season, ridiculous amount as mentioned by everyone else. Only had a standard amount in the lower leagues.

Just on the subject of the green cross. I'm I the only one who finds it extremely annoying that the game doesn’t automatically stop and give you the option to sub the player off when you get one of these?

It’s like the game is trying to punish you for not keeping a close enough eye on the action or something. I play commentary only most of the time as well so a player can of went a good 15-20 min’s before I pick up on it. More needless micromanagement if you ask me...

Just on the subject of the green cross. I'm I the only one who finds it extremely annoying that the game doesn’t automatically stop and give you the option to sub the player off when you get one of these?

It’s like the game is trying to punish you for not keeping a close enough eye on the action or something. I play commentary only most of the time as well so a player can of went a good 15-20 min’s before I pick up on it. More needless micromanagement if you ask me...

No, I think it is right like it is, with a red cross the player can't go on and you have to sub him, but with a green cross the player just got a bump and can continue (or not) but his is up to the manager. Happens a lot irl, see many players who gets a knock in game but can continue anyway.

No, I think it is right like it is, with a red cross the player can't go on and you have to sub him, but with a green cross the player just got a bump and can continue (or not) but his is up to the manager. Happens a lot irl, see many players who gets a knock in game but can continue anyway.

I don’t want to get into semantics but if a player has a knock in 'real life' than the manager usually knows about it right away and so has the option to take him off.

I don’t see why people have to play spot the injury during a game when you can be given the option to take him off right away which I would do anyway.

I can see where you’re coming from but I just think people who watch the game commentary only and don’t have the player rating screen on really get hit by this sometimes...

I can see where you’re coming from but I just think people who watch the game commentary only and don’t have the player rating screen on really get hit by this sometimes...

Well I agree to this then it is difficult to determine, but for me (again only for me) I would find it annoying that the game stops every time when a player get a green cross.

I don’t want to get into semantics but if a player has a knock in 'real life' than the manager usually knows about it right away and so has the option to take him off.

Like in the game, I see immediately what his condition is and based on that I will sub him or not.

PS. What do you mean with:

I can see where you’re coming from
?

I meant I can see where you’re coming from in regards to not wanting the game stopped every time this happens (I can see how that would be annoying if you naturally just keep a close on this sort of thing anyways). I generally like to zoom through games though...

I would suggest something like in team settings having an option to pause the game (ala red injuries) or not when this happens.

Again everybody plays the game differently etc. but I think a few more UI options from SI would alleviate a lot of the frustration people are having with the game.

Not a major gripe by any means now...

Archived