Assistant's reports on current and potential ability changing

This seems to have suddenly changed for me. Before my automatic promotion is confirmed from the Championship with 4 games remaining about half a dozen or so of my players have been rated at least five stars in terms of both current and potential ability. After it is confirmed that I will be playing Premier League football the next season my assistant's ratings for the same players drop all of a sudden. I can only imagine that this happens because my assistant would rate a player differently if they were playing in the top tier than if the were playing in the Championship. However, I recall my assistant believing one player, John-Joe O'toole, would be a good signing for most Premier League sides, only to suddenly say change to saying that he would be a good signing for most Championship sides. This isn't just the opinion of my assistant, my other coaches with better 'judging player ability' and 'judging player potential' stats follow the same view.

As I previously mentioned, it makes sense if my assistant is rating them lower compared to the kind of players I will be competing against next season, but surely the star ratings shouldn't change, or their potential suddenly drop. Their potential wouldn't decrease if they were playing against top sides surely? if anything it would increase. Also a player who was good shouldn't suddenly become decent. Our players only rated in terms of the League their playing in?

This seems to have suddenly changed for me. Before my automatic promotion is confirmed from the Championship with 4 games remaining about half a dozen or so of my players have been rated at least five stars in terms of both current and potential ability. After it is confirmed that I will be playing Premier League football the next season my assistant's ratings for the same players drop all of a sudden. I can only imagine that this happens because my assistant would rate a player differently if they were playing in the top tier than if the were playing in the Championship. However, I recall my assistant believing one player, John-Joe O'toole, would be a good signing for most Premier League sides, only to suddenly say change to saying that he would be a good signing for most Championship sides. This isn't just the opinion of my assistant, my other coaches with better 'judging player ability' and 'judging player potential' stats follow the same view.

As I previously mentioned, it makes sense if my assistant is rating them lower compared to the kind of players I will be competing against next season, but surely the star ratings shouldn't change, or their potential suddenly drop. Their potential wouldn't decrease if they were playing against top sides surely? if anything it would increase. Also a player who was good shouldn't suddenly become decent. Our players only rated in terms of the League their playing in?

It's done based on a comparison of all other teams/players you are supposed to be competing with. So You may have a player with top stars in the championship, whose below average in the EPL.

Archived