International Manager Retirement - Needs Fixing

In my game Fabio Capello has recently announced his retirement - for 3rd June 2012 - less than a week before the start of Euro 2012 which England look life comfortably qualifying for. Surely this would never happen in real life? It should be set in game so that managers of national teams retire after major tournaments - not just before them (or in the middle of qualification for that matter)

In my game Fabio Capello has recently announced his retirement - for 3rd June 2012 - less than a week before the start of Euro 2012 which England look life comfortably qualifying for. Surely this would never happen in real life? It should be set in game so that managers of national teams retire after major tournaments - not just before them (or in the middle of qualification for that matter)

Have oyu posted this in the bugs forum? It does sound a bit odd..

Italy also sacked Lippi after 2 defeats in WC10. Mancini came in for the final group game.

I remember a similar fact IRL. The team was Saudi Arabia, and the manager was sacked after the first 2 group games. They lost both games heavily, one against Germany, 4-0 IIRC.

Still, I know that this is very rare that happen to a big national team.

I was offered the England job after Capello was sacked and took it without really thinking only to find that I had been appointed before the third group game of WC2010, so couldn't pick my own squad. No Walcott, no Richards and Craig Gardner as the only RB! Sounds like this has been happening a lot. Although, to be fair, he had only managed draws with Chile and Saudi Arabia and the FA declared that I wouldn't be judged on my performance in the WC. (Semi - final though so not too bad).

Archived