Positional colours are the wrong way round

This was true also in FM08 - I'm stunned it hasn't been fixed - but is more visible in FM09 because of the coloured icons now ascribed on the tactics screen as well as players' positional views. The flaw is that orange and yellow colours are (sometimes) the wrong way round. For example, I began to train Bobbie Friberg da Cruz as a M C. Initially he was 'awkward' in the position, which on the tactics screen was represented as a yellow icon. Now, he is 'unconvincing'. Although this is accurately reflected in his individual Positions screen as a solid yellow circle, in the team tactics screen his small dot is now orange, where before - when he was WORSE at playing M C - it was yellow.

Furthermore, he is BETTER at playing M L and AM L than M C - he is 'competent' in both. But on his Positions screen, these are both represented in solid orange, whereas for his 'unconvincing' M C position it is solid yellow.

There seems to be multiple small glitches in matching colours to textual descriptions of ability in a position - which hopefully could be sorted for the forthcoming patch?

Agreed from here.

I would rate the colours:

Green

Yellow

Orange

Red

As Orange feels a halfway between Yellow and Red in the way I was taught colours. :D It winds up confusing me that Orange is used for a player being more adept at a position than Yellow.

• 3 months later...

Sorry, I thought I'd replied in there to say this but I guess not. It occurs with *every* player that has a position as Competent, Unconvincing etc.

Competent is a level below green, but is orange (should be yellow);

the abilities just below Competent (I don't have the game open right now but from memory Unconvincing and Awkward) are a level above red, but are yellow (should be orange).

Is there something more complicated happening that I haven't latched onto? Otherwise I can't really see why they want a save game!

• SI Staff

Yeah I know what you mean but I was more concerned about the inconsistencies between the Positions and Tactics screen as it seems to work fine for every player I have checked so far in 9.3.0

Archived