[FMH08] My Career

Right, I am still playing FMH08 until Christmas, and have currently got my longest ever game on any version of FM, PC or FMH.

What are you're views on the following career? I have stayed with Watford for my whole career, so here it is:

2007-08

Championship, 5th place

Trophies: Play-Off's

2008-09

Premier League, 13th

Trophies: None

2009-10

Premier League, 16th

2010-11

Premier League, 13th

2011-12

Premier League, 7th

2012-13

Premier League, 6th

2013-14

Premier League, 7th

2014-15

Premier League, 8th

2015-16

Premier League, 1st

Trophies: FA Cup, UEFA Cup

2016-17

Premier League, 6th

2017-18

Premier League, 2nd

2018-19

Premier League, 5th

2019-20

Premier League, 6th

Trophies: League Cup, UEFA Cup

2020-21

Premier League, 6th

2021-22

Premier League, 6th

Trophies: UEFA Cup

2022-23

Premier League, 5th

Trophies: UEFA Cup, Euro Super Cup

2023-24

Premier League, 1st

Trophies: Euro Super Cup

2024-25

Premier League, 3rd

Trophies: FA Cup

2025-26

Premier League, 4th

Trophies: Community Shield

2026-27

Premier League, 1st

Trophies: FA Cup

2027-28

Premier League, 2nd

Trophies: Champions League

2028-2029

Premier League, 2nd

Trophies: Euro Super Cup

2029-30

Premier League, 1st

Trophies: Community Shield, League Cup, Champions League

2030-31

Premier League, 1st

Trophies: Community Shield

5 Premier Leagues

3 FA Cups

2 League Cups

4 UEFA Cups

2 Champions Leagues

3 EURO Super Cups

3 Community Shields

Not bad for Watford:D

All views on my career appriciated, good or bad:thup:

That's pretty impressive, I know most people would want to see more consistency, but I think dominating things makes the game boring; that's why I'm changing clubs very frequently on my FMH09 career, it stops me building up a monopoly on things.

Thanks for the comments so far.

The whole consistency thing...

I seem to have a problem with my strikers. 9 seasons ago I signed a Swedish CF called Viktor Gustavsson. In 2027/28 he played 28 times. He scored three goals. This season he has played 37 games, he has scored 19!

Another player I have is Dirk Zimmermann. I got him a few seasons ago as a young player, and he was in my reserves for a while. In his first season playing he scored 35 goals in 46 games, my record in a season. This season he scored 13 in 23, which although it isn't bad it's nothing compared to last season.

Juan Navarro I signed 9 seasons ago too. He scored a few in his first few seasons, including 23 in 2025/26 and 25 in 2026/27. The next season he played 15 times and didn't score at all, with just one assist.

Henri Saivet is another example, but he has now retired so i can't tell you his stats.

So it's mostly my strikers who can't seem to play well for two seasons in a row, no idea why TBH.

Did you take the seat on the board when it was offered to you??

If not you would definitely have been sacked. You don't get away with winning the premier league and then coming 6th and not winning it again for a few seasons in FMH08 or 09. As soon as you win the title the board want it every year and 2 seasons max without major trophies and you'd be on the dole!

Anyway, seat on the board is part of the game so it's a nice career!

You should be proud because its really hard in 08 and in 09 to win the premiership and even harder to stay up there after you win it.

Updated for 2029-30 season:D

My most succesful season yet, I won four trophies, got the choice to have sugar daddy, and accepted a place on the board.

My striker, Luis Oliviera, scored 44 goals, my new record.

I won manager of the season, my players got best young player, best player and 2nd best player.

I alsoconvinced my golden oldie Juan Navarro to stay on for another year, so he can beat Manuel Almunia's record of 37 yrs 87 days as the oldest player.

Lastly, I managed to cut my squad down A LOT!

As always, I mainly bought free players. This has left me with 36 first team players and 12 reserves. Somehow over 2 years I have now cut it down to 27 first team players, none others. Is that alright, do you think?

So thats my season summery, I was considering making this my last season on FM08, with it being my most successful season. But I have decided to carry on, and am just about to play Man City in the Community Shield, my first game of the 30-31 season. Wish me luck:D

good season there.

I usually have about 26 to 30 players n my squad so iwould say that is a good amount of players. I find if i have to many they get mardy becuase they dont get many games.

Good luck with the next season so if you can be as succesful as last season!

good season there. http://community.sigames.com/index.php

I usually have about 26 to 30 players n my squad so iwould say that is a good amount of players. I find if i have to many they get mardy becuase they dont get many games.

Good luck with the next season so if you can be as succesful as last season!

I'm glad to have finally cut my squad down, like you said there were problems with players moaning about not playing. I have one player, Michele Pellegrini, who has only played once so far this season(I am now 5 games in + comm shield), so I may look to offload him when January comes around. I got an offer of £14.5mil for him him, from At Madrid, but as he was very good last season I asked them for £16mil instead. They came back with £13mil, so I rejected. Wish I had accepted the £14.5mil now, he's taking up a lot of wages!

That is a good career, i have trouble staying on when all the players leave/become regens.

I haven't had a problem with that TBH. Although it may sound like I'm not finding players the 'proper' way, I just look down the list of players who's conreacts are running out and sign the good ones. It seems to work. I also look at all playersthat are targetted by other clubs.

Archived