Will you be buying FM10?

Will you be buying FM10 if you have to register to play the game?  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FM10 if you have to register to play the game?

• Hell no, still trying to play FM09
    • I'll try it coz i love the game no matter what they do to me

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If i have time to play it i will always buy it.

yeah the activation was a bit of an annoyance but the game is fine for me now and i am sure they will learn from their mistakes next tim round

Yeah, thats what people ALWAYS say. Same was said about FM08 wasnt it? AND FM07, and 06 etc... :mad:

After the shambolic registration process to play the bloody game, and after everybody is treated like a thief (DRM) by SI, will you be purchasing FM10 if this "registration/proof i didnt steal it" process is again installed on the game?

I'll be buying it the same as every year. I've had instant activation on both my laptop and desktop, the games runs like a porsche through a pensioner on both and whilst I'm unhappy about some bugs it's still am enjoyable game.

DRM is a part of life now, it's time you got used to it.

Launch issues have also hit CoD4, COD WaW, GTA, PS Home.... the list goes on. Stop trying to drag the issue out by inciting those prone to leaping onto the nearst bandwagon.

Like the way you made both options into a pop at SI. For the record they've done nothing to me other than provide me with a healthy addiction to this, and yeah, I've thrown a few expletives at the game, and no I STILL can't play in Poland, but whatever, it's still a bloody good game.

When I first got FM09, I was convinced it was the best FM yet. I still stand by that. However, I've had to change my stance slightly after playing it for an extended period. I now believe it's potentially the best. There are a few things that are really starting to irritate me about it. And no, this change of heart isn't occurring because I'm not winning games. I am winning them. Quite consistently. I'm just fed up with a variety of issues that have been mentioned on the forum countless times. Hopefully, the next patch will make a difference and I can go back to praising the game.

As for FM2010, I'm sure I'll buy it. After all, I'm enjoying FM09 well enough, even in its current half-assed state.

The way you've worded the possible choices is ridiculous. Either way it makes it sound like I hate SI which couldn't be further from the truth. Hell DRM, is used in most major games released now, and, although there were problems, the game is fine for many now, so stop trying to have a dig for any bloody reason you can find.

The two choices seem to suggest that nobody could possibly think FM09 is great and would there buy FM2010 for that reason. It's either don't buy it because you're still battling with the impossibly hard FM09 or buy it grudgingly despite DRM.

For me, FM09 is pretty hard, but gets easier as you get into it. Meanwhile DRM is not that unusual these days and is only such a big issue because it was shambolically implemented.

Annoying little so and so's who pirate games cause software companies to use security protection on their products. If you've bought a legitimate version there is no problem.

I will be buying FM10, I like the direction they are going in with the 3d matches etc

The two choices seem to suggest that nobody could possibly think FM09 is great and would there buy FM2010 for that reason. It's either don't buy it because you're still battling with the impossibly hard FM09 or buy it grudgingly despite DRM.

For me, FM09 is pretty hard, but gets easier as you get into it. Meanwhile DRM is not that unusual these days and is only such a big issue because it was shambolically implemented.

Before the actual game release did you honestly know that it installed a DRM? OR the fact that a phone or internet connection was REQUIRED to play this game? NO and if you say you did YOUR A LIAR! This was NOT mentioned anywhere on the box. I would of liked to choose whether or not to install company created spyware (DRM) on MY Machine before BUYING THIS GAME.

Thats what i meant by "whatever they do to me"!

Before the actual game release did you honestly know that it installed a DRM? OR the fact that a phone or internet connection was REQUIRED to play this game? NO and if you say you did YOUR A LIAR! This was NOT mentioned anywhere on the box. I would of liked to choose whether or not to install company created spyware (DRM) on MY Machine before BUYING THIS GAME.

It was announced on the forums in advance. Obviously you weren't a member and I can see why you are annoyed then but Mike was so he did know then.

Okay, firstlly, what's with the attitude towards me? Secondly, how dare you call me a liar without even waiting for my response?

As was said, I did know in advance because I was a forum member. I read the sticky thread on the matter very thoroughly and knew what to expect. I even posted my expectation that it would be a disaster prior to game release. I was quite pleased that it only took me a couple of hours to get it activated.

The fact there was nothing on the box is bound to annoy people who didn't know. I can appreciate that.

In future, please drop the attitude before talking to me that way.

We need a 'No, i'm not buying it at all option' - which i'll be selecting if this patch turns out to be crap.

The second patch (which this will be) usually improves things quite a lot, so I'm staying optimistic. I'll be pretty annoyed if doesn't.

After the shambolic registration process to play the bloody game, and after everybody is treated like a thief (DRM) by SI, will you be purchasing FM10 if this "registration/proof i didnt steal it" process is again installed on the game?

This "registration/proof i didnt steal it" process took me all of 20 seconds to activate the game and worked first time. I simply waited till saturday when all the issues were resolved.

As for the game itself, it is the best football management sim by miles so course i'll buy it.

Okay, firstlly, what's with the attitude towards me? Secondly, how dare you call me a liar without even waiting for my response?

As was said, I did know in advance because I was a forum member. I read the sticky thread on the matter very thoroughly and knew what to expect. I even posted my expectation that it would be a disaster prior to game release. I was quite pleased that it only took me a couple of hours to get it activated.

The fact there was nothing on the box is bound to annoy people who didn't know. I can appreciate that.

In future, please drop the attitude before talking to me that way.

I'll back you up Mike! I think i posted a thread asking peoples opinions on the activation and whether it would mess up on release day! Me and you shared the same view and i think you were the first to post in said thread!

Well done to the people who took less than 3 days to activate this game. It took me 5 days to get through to somebody on the phone (after being cut off numerous times) and i ran up a hefty bill. I paid £29.99 for the game and £16 (on phone bills as this was NOT a free phone number) to play it.

I bought this game for my brothers birthday, he has recently moved house so no net connection nor phone line. I had to use my own mobile phone.

Genious by the SI business dept or just plain greedy?

If you phoned by mobile, you get told that you will be be charged and to hang up if you don't want to accept it.

That's the point though surely. His only other option was to not play the game. The registration shouldn't have cost so much - even on a mobile - but the shambolic failing of the system meant it took longer and cost more than was reasonable.

I'll back you up Mike! I think i posted a thread asking peoples opinions on the activation and whether it would mess up on release day! Me and you shared the same view and i think you were the first to post in said thread!

Your £10 is in the post. ;)

Well done to the people who took less than 3 days to activate this game. It took me 5 days to get through to somebody on the phone (after being cut off numerous times) and i ran up a hefty bill. I paid £29.99 for the game and £16 (on phone bills as this was NOT a free phone number) to play it.

I bought this game for my brothers birthday, he has recently moved house so no net connection nor phone line. I had to use my own mobile phone.

Genious by the SI business dept or just plain greedy?

I said in this thread, and in others, that activation was a shambles. I've also sympathised with those who were basically screwed over by it and I continue to do so. I knew it would go that way and I am not impressed, so please don't get me wrong. I just feel that the mistake was not in deciding to go down the DRM route (which is the way things seem to be heading in general), but in going down it so poorly.

That's the point though surely. His only other option was to not play the game. The registration shouldn't have cost so much - even on a mobile - but the shambolic failing of the system meant it took longer and cost more than was reasonable.

All of this could have been avoided if something gave you a clue on the box. I was a forum member so I knew what to expect. I was surprised, however, when I got my game and the only clue was the keycode on the back of the manual, which is inaccessible anyway when you pick up the box in the shop. I did wonder then how non-members would know what to expect.

I suppose the theory was that they would put their disc in, it would instruct them to enter their code, and that would be it. But, of course, that's only if you have the internet.

Your £10 is in the post. ;)

I said in this thread, and in others, that activation was a shambles. I've also sympathised with those who were basically screwed over by it and I continue to do so. I knew it would go that way and I am not impressed, so please don't get me wrong. I just feel that the mistake was not in deciding to go down the DRM route (which is the way things seem to be heading in general), but in going down it so poorly.

Thing is people seem to be jumping down SI's throat a lot for it when, realistically SI are just the monkeys nowadays! Its SEGA who are the organ grinders and make the big calls!

Thing is people seem to be jumping down SI's throat a lot for it when, realistically SI are just the monkeys nowadays! Its SEGA who are the organ grinders and make the big calls!

True. I imagine it would all have been Sega's doing.

It took me from the moment of getting home to starting my first league 15 minutes, and then I was up and running. It didnt cost me a penny to register as it was all done on line, nuff said

Fair play, and I know of plenty of people like you. I was relatively pleased that it only took me two hours. However, lots and lots of people had to wait days, which is not good enough.

I won't be buying FM10 until Febuary 2011 at the very earliest. Not only will I get it for a tenner, but I'll get it finished. :thup:

With respect to S.I. I can't justofy paying a premium for the license then sitting on the game for a couple of months until its patched and ready to play.

That's like buying 100 litres of petrol six months ago knowing the price was artificially high ..

It should be better next year anyway. They now have figure of who activated in which way so can get it better next time, and also have a snapshot of peoples computer specs so they can design the game to run on the majority of set-ups! One problem with that is that a lot of people have upgraded/bought new laptops and PC's, so in my opinion, the people who were ok this year, wont be next if everyone gets my drift!

It sounded to me like his point was about money, mostly because of the last line.

I'm not defending the activation problems, I suffered from them so I know how people feel about it. The thing SI need to do next year if they use this system is making it blatently obvious on the box how the DRM is going to affect you.

It sounded to me like his point was about money, mostly because of the last line.

I'm not defending the activation problems, I suffered from them so I know how people feel about it. The thing SI need to do next year if they use this system is making it blatently obvious on the box how the DRM is going to affect you.

Just out of curiousity though, do other games that have DRM have it written on the box? I never even knew about it till this years FM and reading it on the forums!

If they bother to fix the match engine so long punts from the keeper don't = goal. Or 50% of shots hitting the woodwork to artificially keep the score down. Or the defenders losing their minds for 89 of 90 minutes.

If they bother to improve the 3D engine (I don't mean super-hi-res phong shaded uberpolygonal bliss, just not having players running on the spot or staying down for 30 seconds after a sliding challenge).

If they update the media so it isn't spherical-object achingly boring and repetitive after six months. And I include the "player x is returning for the 25th time" media comments here.

If they fix the boards expectations so that one lucky win doesn't instantly mean they expect a repeat performance. (I won the Carling Cup which made them happy, but by the time I'd won the EPL later in the year they'd decided they didn't care about the Carling cup).

If they fix fan confidence so they understand you've played a bunch of reserves, or brought a bunch of reserves.

If they fix the spherical-object bustingly, sloth on mogadon nature of the UI and return it to 08 levels of speed.

If they fix teams transfer logic, both in buying players they actually need and selling ones they don't for less than 6000% of their value.

Then definitely I will. If they don't, probably not.

This is a pretty shabby version of FM. Even if I was less exacting in my expectations I'd be unhappy with it. Ok no-one cares if I don't buy it, but it quickly adds up. And yes I know this is solely about copy protection. But that's existed since software so I don't care really.

Anyone for a lenslock?

Things I'd like to add to VonBlade's list:

The inability of players not to pick up knocks all the time

The stupid length of injuries

The stupid length of injury time

The way in which, as players get closer to the ball, their bodies take on an awkwardness and they go all slow and look like an oil tanker trying to steer into a Cornish harbour.

Clubs splashing out huge sums in January, when very few sides would ever really do that (e.g. Man City or Chelsea)

Strikers not scoring (which I can't believe some testers claim isn't an issue.

To add to my strikers point, maybe there's a tactical solution. But I've tried so many different things and nothing works. I feel like I'm basically blindly trying things, hoping that I'll stumble cross a combination that makes my strikers score. But there's so many possible tactical combinations that the odds are against me!

Things I'd like to add to VonBlade's list:

The inability of players not to pick up knocks all the time

The stupid length of injuries

The stupid length of injury time

The way in which, as players get closer to the ball, their bodies take on an awkwardness and they go all slow and look like an oil tanker trying to steer into a Cornish harbour.

Clubs splashing out huge sums in January, when very few sides would ever really do that (e.g. Man City or Chelsea)

Strikers not scoring (which I can't believe some testers claim isn't an issue.

To add to my strikers point, maybe there's a tactical solution. But I've tried so many different things and nothing works. I feel like I'm basically blindly trying things, hoping that I'll stumble cross a combination that makes my strikers score. But there's so many possible tactical combinations that the odds are against me!

What about the keeper getting 40odd assists every season.

I will buy it as I am enjoying this years version alot and yes, the authentication was a disaster, but SI and Sega will learn from this and try and make next years release super smooth.

SI and Sega will learn from this and try and make next years release super smooth.

They said that last year. How short are some people's memories? ;)

Its evident S.I. is not able to put together a product and test it in the time frame they are forced to operate under. Either that or they really suck at it, I'm inclined to believe the former since they usually manage to finish them off eventually.

Transfer system is massively better than 08's IMO.

This is getting OT - but its certainly easier to sell players, for sure. I'm not sure if the prices are always right. I make vast sums from buying youngsters from Spain and selling them a year later for 2-3m at Leicester.

AI clubs don't seem to have any PA radar whatsoever right now ..

Archived