SnakeXe's 3-5-2

Here by popular (well, ridley99) demand, is my 3-5-2 I used to almost all encompassing success with Barcelona (injuries to Messi and my two best strikers meant we were blunted and lost the Champions League final 1-0 to Man Utd - against the run of play I should add). Including the trophies, this formation gave us a grand total of 4 goals conceded all season in the league (and only 3 or 4 outside the league too), and just one loss.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e211145b23c4744bbda4076e811714c8e04e75f6e8ebb871

Thanks to RobBrad for the upload

Shape:

1. Take the default 3-5-2 formation

2. Make the Right and Left hand MCs run back into the DM slots

Team Instructions:

Emphasis: Attacking

Passing: Direct

Tackling: Normal

Pressing: Yes

Offside Trap: No

Counter Attack: No

Men Behind Ball: No

Set up the captain and freekick takers as suits your players' attributes, but don't set a playmaker

Individual Instructions:

Passing: All Team

Tackling: All Team

Pressing: GK and Defenders No, Midfield and Strikers Yes

Pass To: All R/L/C

Set Pieces (A): GK Normal, Defenders, MCs and Strikers Forward, Wingers Back

Set Pieces (D): All Back except central MC set to Normal and one Striker set to Forward (shouldn't matter which, but I chose the first one)

Free Role: All No

Forward Runs: Wingers and central MC Yes, everyone else No

Run With Ball: Same as Forward Runs

Hold Up Ball: All No

Long Shots: All MCs Yes, everyone else No

Through Balls: All No

Cross Ball: Wingers Yes, everyone else No

Marking: GK None; left and right DC Man, central DC Zonal; Wingers Zonal; left and right MC Man, central MC Zonal; Strikers None

Notes:

If you have one particularly strong centreback use him as the centre DC (I used Felipe to great effect, we never were quite as solid when he was injured as I didn't have a similar style defender to him in reserve), and if you have them use pacey centrebacks for the left and right DCs.

Use DMCs for the left and right MC berths, although you can get away with one of these being an MC (Javi Martinez couldn't really be left out of the side!). My Wingers were very pacey with good dribbling and crossing.

The key player to this formation is the central MC, who should have decent strength and pace, excellent finishing and dribbling - and it really helps if his name is Lionel Messi! The facially challenged little man grabbed a mighty 35 goals in all competitions for us in this position, so it's highly recommended splashing your transfer budget on someone high-quality to play here.

As for the strikers, I had a little n' large combo which seemed to work pretty well, not really investigated much to be honest.

Good luck with it, and as always any feedback is nice!

There seems to be a problem Snake, I tried this tactic with Queen's Park and without a doubt for me, it's working a charm! However, there seems to be some sort of "reset" to how my player's positions are arranged, if you catch my drift.

When I started the game (I tend to arrange my team squad list based on the first eleven at the top, followed by the substitutes and then the unpicked players - meaning to say, my GK DL DR DC DC ... and so on for the squad list), the team squad list was arranged like this:

GK

DL

DR

DC

DC

ML

MR

DMC

MC

DMC

FC

FC

But now, something seems to be wrong and it's like,

GK

DL

DR

DC

DC

DMC

DMC

ML

MR

MC

FC

FC

I'm 100% sure the players are playing in the right positions but when this happened, I seem to lose quite a couple of games. :( I'm sure it couldn't be the problem with the tactics, I'm sure wondering if you have encountered something like this before.

It MIGHT be a bug. I don't know.

For some reason I normall use a pretty standard 442 in BSP, League 2 and League 1, then 3-5-2 in the Championships and Prem, but normall struggle to win prem with this and always revert to a 4-1-3-2 formation...............habit forming I guess

• 6 months later...

Archived