Game breaking issues?

I'm expecting FM09 in the mail any day now, so I've a quick question that I can't seem to find a satisfactory answer to in a good and simple post (like a sticky...) Are there any real game breaking issues left (and potential workarounds)? So far, I've heard of one real game breaker:

- Serie C cup thing which causes crash (is all of Italy off-limits at the moment, or just Serie C league?)

I'd consider steadily declining/increasing ability of regens something of a game breaker if that's present, because that hurts long term play. Anything else which I should know about? Mind you, I'm not talking about just highly annoying things (too many goal kicks lead to goals), though the line between highly annoying and game breaking can be a bit fuzzy at times.

While the Serie C crash bug has gotten more attention, there are several others. I see on the boards that some people crash routinely in November. I personally get dumped out of the game on September 5 of my first year, and I am not running Serie C, just the top league in five or six European markets, plus Brazil and MLS.

The game is currently unplayable for me, in that I cannot get more than 5 games into a season, and I have no way of knowing -- there has been no official response on these boards to my post -- if this bug will be addressed in the patch.

In other words, I would wait for the patch, and watch these boards closely to ensure that the number of game-stopping issues goes way down.

Archived