Young talent stopped improving in training.

I've hired a young portuguese talent to Sevilla he was improving very well in my training the attributes were going high,etc

Now since i told him to learn from an older player (that he likes) and plays same position of course, he stopped improving and it's going down as hell. Some attributes had value of 10 and now they went down to 1 and others 3-4-5.

Whats going on? Any solution?

Well its obviously having a adverse effect on the young player, best not assigning a tutor to him, try shipping him out on loan and then bringing him back straight away. Im not too sure how to get rid of tutors.

Well its obviously having a adverse effect on the young player, best not assigning a tutor to him, try shipping him out on loan and then bringing him back straight away. Im not too sure how to get rid of tutors.

Yeah it would be nice to get rid of tutors. I'll try what u said. Hope it works

I've hired a young portuguese talent to Sevilla he was improving very well in my training the attributes were going high,etc

Now since i told him to learn from an older player (that he likes) and plays same position of course, he stopped improving and it's going down as hell. Some attributes had value of 10 and now they went down to 1 and others 3-4-5.

Whats going on? Any solution?

It's got nothing to do with the tutoring. It's a commonly held (but incorrect) belief that training in FM makes a player better. This isn't how it works in FM (unfortunately). There is another thread on this that may help (see below). But in a nutshell, here's how it works.

- A player has a CA (current ability) and a PA (potential ability)

- A player increases his CA through playing games

- The training within Football Manager ONLY shapes the way in which these extra CA points are allocated to the attributes

So, in your instance, this player will not be developing unless he is playing games. So, although he is training hard, he will be losing CA points through lack of games.

So, my advice is:

- Get him to play in games where his average match rating is 6.5 (or thereabouts). If it is lower, he is playing in too high a league. If it is higher, he needs to be playing against better quality opposition. So, consider the loaning options carefully, or look at playing him in more reserve/B team games.

- Use the training to shape any increases in CA points to the most appropriate attributes.

Check out this link for much more information on all of this. Hope it helps you.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62706&page=4

is this related to FM09 only, or does it also apply to 08?

Just how important is the correct level of opposition your player is playing against.

From what I have experienced with FM08, I have a regen stricker with PA=189. I have never loaded him out or played him in the first time, he had only been play for my u18 and reserved. After 3 years, he managed to fulfill his PA without any first team game.

(bit off topic, I have not notice I got such a talent until Arsenal ping me with a 15M bid on this guy, I'm not really a good manager, am I ;-)

is this related to FM09 only, or does it also apply to 08?

Just how important is the correct level of opposition your player is playing against.

From what I have experienced with FM08, I have a regen stricker with PA=189. I have never loaded him out or played him in the first time, he had only been play for my u18 and reserved. After 3 years, he managed to fulfill his PA without any first team game.

(bit off topic, I have not notice I got such a talent until Arsenal ping me with a 15M bid on this guy, I'm not really a good manager, am I ;-)

This has been the way it has worked for quite some time (so it does include FM 08). He must have been a wonderkid that was close to his PA anyway - otherwise he wouldn't have been able to get to this level in 3 years (especially without playing first team games).

The level of opposition is important. A player will get more CA points based on his match rating and also the reputation of the team he is playing against. So, although you want him to get a good match rating, it doesn't do the CA much good if he achieves this high score against a poorer opposition. So, to get the optimum number of CA points, try to balance the match rating with the reputation. [it's a little more complicated than this, but this is at least something that most people can be bothered checking up on.]

It's got nothing to do with the tutoring. It's a commonly held (but incorrect) belief that training in FM makes a player better. This isn't how it works in FM (unfortunately). There is another thread on this that may help (see below). But in a nutshell, here's how it works.

- A player has a CA (current ability) and a PA (potential ability)

- A player increases his CA through playing games

- The training within Football Manager ONLY shapes the way in which these extra CA points are allocated to the attributes

So, in your instance, this player will not be developing unless he is playing games. So, although he is training hard, he will be losing CA points through lack of games.

So, my advice is:

- Get him to play in games where his average match rating is 6.5 (or thereabouts). If it is lower, he is playing in too high a league. If it is higher, he needs to be playing against better quality opposition. So, consider the loaning options carefully, or look at playing him in more reserve/B team games.

- Use the training to shape any increases in CA points to the most appropriate attributes.

Check out this link for much more information on all of this. Hope it helps you.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62706&page=4

He plays on my first team even with that poor stats. But still going down, what's weird is that his average match rating is 6.9

He plays on my first team even with that poor stats. But still going down, what's weird is that his average match rating is 6.9

You should take your saved game and get it to SI within the bugs forum. Unless there are some strangely low attributes or injuries causing this, this is a problem. I've never heard of this before so I'd get SI to look into it for you. But what I said earlier still stands .... it is not related to the tutoring as this does not have this affect.

Good luck.

Archived