Beckham to Charlton

Just been having a browse through the summers transfers (10/11 season), and I noticed that gOLDen balls is now plying his trade for Charlton in the championship.

Anyone else seen Becks return to the UK, or seen players go to "smaller" clubs, ie, giggs, scholes, lampard etc......

There's a thread opened soon after yours with the exact opposite problem. It's closed now, though. Apparently there's a "hideous" bug that stops top players dropping down a league.

If you're talking about the thread I think you're talking about then to be fair, the OP in that thread was talking about youngsters who are released from EPL clubs being unwilling to sign for Championship clubs, not the likes of Beckham et al.

I signed him on a free for the gunners in my 4th season. I had no intention of playing him just hoping for a boost in merchandise. I signed him on a year contract for less the 10k a week. My gran has faster pace they becks in the 4th season!

did you get any more cash for having him then?

Frank Lampard at 34 fell nearly entirely out of favour with Chelsea, but still managed 6 goals in 18 appearances in the first half on that season. Then this season he's been back with a vengence, one of the best, if not the best player going around in the league in the early months at the age of 35.

Archived