most annoying interface change

I don't know if anyone complained about this but i find it very annoying and time consuming.

untitled.jpg

All those important links are thrown into this submenu. I use this A LOT and i'm sure many other players do. In previous versions it was all available directly from the first menu. I find it hard to adjust to this change, it's a step backward from previous version.

Try getting used to using the row of icons right below the menu instead. They will take you directly to those screens.

This, or you can also try to use the F1, F2, F3.... buttons which also take you to the same screens.

On the other side, I have to agree with you that changing the submenu was a bad thing to do. I don't get it why each year we see some small features/interface options changes, although they were perfectly fine in the previous versions.

not really.. because it sucks.. I use it all the time and having to hover over and select is a royal pain in the ...

Another annoying change is the new way to let players be available for reserve teams etc.. timeconsuming micromanagement. The old way was much better.

lol time consuming? if you find that time consuming... I have no words.

It takes ~1 second more to get where i want, now multiply that with hundreds, thousand of times i use it during the game. Waste of time.

I guess i'll have to get use to icons though i don't like them

Aye, was about to say that. When you manage a country, it splits it into "Wimbledon" and "Spain" for those menus. Don't see any reason to have it like that otherwise, but I use the icons anyway. tap F3 for squad screen, alt+F3 for news. F4 for inbox. It's pretty easy really. In fact, it's already harder even on 08 to go into that menu than just to use the icons.

I haven't really thought of the interface so not gonna comment.

When it comes to the available for reserves I really really like the new system. In previous versions I found myself not using my players enough for reserves games.

Can't stand the removal of the highlights speed (now means you have to constantly move the slider about during a match) or the removal of the "send to reserves option".

Whoever thought taking those two features out thought that it made the game more usable was stoned at the time obviously.

The entire cast of the useability study must have been stoned you mean :)

Or muppets.

These people have as many sensible ideas as logo designers.

I mean, anyone that found the difference between "match" and "highlight" speed confusing are obviously not stocked to the gills on common sense, are they?

The entire cast of the useability study must have been stoned you mean :)

In fairness - they complained about the poor labelling previously, not the actual functionality that it offered.

In my personal opinion - and I know a few people like it this way, hence the caveat - I find it more tedious not to have a match speed option and a highlights speed option. I like my match to run quickly but my highlights to run at a speed I can enjoy them at.

Now, you either watch it all fast, or all slow - which is a backwards step from where we were in 08 and something I hope we "fix"...:)

The main menu thing, I have got used to and don't really have an issue with.

In fairness - they complained about the poor labelling previously, not the actual functionality that it offered.

In my personal opinion - and I know a few people like it this way, hence the caveat - I find it more tedious not to have a match speed option and a highlights speed option. I like my match to run quickly but my highlights to run at a speed I can enjoy them at.

Now, you either watch it all fast, or all slow - which is a backwards step from where we were in 08 and something I hope we "fix"...:)

yea exactly - now whenever there's a highlight you have to slow the match down to watch it in real time - or sit through a match that will take about 10 minutes.

I don't have issues with them either. The menu one was a bit unwelcome, but you soon settle in. I haven't missed the second slider either.

The post was merely a correction to Wakers' claim that one person decided to just take them out.

Archived