what teams have been taken over in your game

as the title says really im wondering whos been taken over in your games and if youve been taken over or if some of the ai teams have been taken over by a rich tycoon lol.

i am wondering mainly as im playing as west ham so wanted to know if theyve bin taken over in any of your games.

thanks for replys in advance

Rangers always get taken over and as encore69 says its between a tycoon (brillant because of the money they invest), consortium(50/50 because you could lose your job because they usually have a manager they would like to replace you with) or another director (rubbish, they don't invest money).

Rangers always get taken over and as encore69 says its between a tycoon (brillant because of the money they invest), consortium(50/50 because you could lose your job because they usually have a manager they would like to replace you with) or another director (rubbish, they don't invest money).

are consortiums any good tho.money wise.

I'm Roma at the moment, Just won the Italian Super Cup, beat Juventus 4-1 in the league (Big rivals) beat Barca in Champs League and i've just been informed that a Consortium is looking to take over the club and will sack me in favour of the San Marino manager :eek:

My fault for putting Auto rep I suppose!! ;)

I'm Roma at the moment, Just won the Italian Super Cup, beat Juventus 4-1 in the league (Big rivals) beat Barca in Champs League and i've just been informed that a Consortium is looking to take over the club and will sack me in favour of the San Marino manager :eek:

My fault for putting Auto rep I suppose!! ;)

consortiums always say they will sack you but you get a chance to prove your worth when they take over

I am in 2016 in my Barcelona save; a lot of teams have been taken over at that time. Most are just promotions from within and the like (not Chelsea or Man City type take overs who drastically changed the club's (potential) success).

Some interesting foreign takeovers are:

- Reading by a Latvian Consortium ; not really succesful yet. They were taken over while in the Championship (in 2009). Did get promoted to the Premier League straight away, like they should without a take over too IMO. Been a mid table club ever since.

- Cagliari by a Norwegian Tycoon; This one did really change the fortunes of the club. They were taken over in 2008 as well, while in Serie A, and steadily rose to success. They got relegated in the first season and took two seasons to bounce back. Back in Serie A became 5th in the first season and since then have always been playing for Champions League Qualification. No title challengers yet, but it will be interesting to see whether they will...

i'm currently playing with newcastle and got taken over by a tycoon and all they ever do is inject money into the club to keep a steady balance, improve training and youth facilities and expand stadium, not to mention for 2 years running i've had £100m + to spend on transfers each season

I basically ran my Liverpool club finances into the ground after the first season, with over the top transfers and contracts. I did this partly because hicks/gillett hinted at leaving right away. In the second season, with 8m £ in the red, a Romanian buisinessman who "loves the club" took over and wiped all loans and invested ~200m quid. Also gave me a new contract even though I'm only in second place in the league after having promised to win it.

half way through my third season with a blue square premier team. Liverpool been taken over via "promotion from within" but havent seen any change in finance as yet. Fulham are currently in negotiations with a consortium over a takeover who plans to bring alex mcleich in as the new manager if he takes over. The most interesting take over so far in my eyes is actually Grays Atheltic in Blue Sq Prem. They've were taken over by a romanian tycoon who has increased the clubs value to over 10mil which is staggering for a team so low.

on my FC United save i remember that Basingstoke got took over by a buisness tycoon and were worth £6 million, other teams with big tycoon takeovers were Tranmere, Exeter and Bury also a number of championship clubs had been taken over aswell

I am Juve and at the end of my 3rd season now... I've just been informed that my chairman will step aside...

The chairman status is: 'In the process of a board takeover'

Let's hope it's a good one and I don't get sacked... This is the first time it happens to me so any opinions on the matter? And what exactly is the difference between tycoon, consortium and the others?

Thanks

Archived