Man Utd 15 shots, Fulham 2 shots, 1-2

Is there any way to remedy this? My strikers instructions can't be too bad as I'm getting 15 shots in the game, posession is 56% my way. However, Fulham have two shots all game and score both of them. Van de Sar in goal.

Utterly ridiculous, this happened last game against Blackburn too. Over 20 shots my way, Blackburn have 3 and win 1-0.

Is there any way to get round this, or is this just another intolerable part of the game?

Strikers seem to get a lot of blank periods/goal droughts where they just cant score, its ok if you have a big squad and can rotate but a real bummer if you only have a small strike force.

I find if you get a flair striker dropping deep helps loads with assists and mid field joining in to score goals. Doesn't always work though, lost in FA Cup to Leicester after 24 shots, 8 clear chances and they won 1-0 with 4 shots, 1 on target :(

Is there any way to remedy this? My strikers instructions can't be too bad as I'm getting 15 shots in the game, posession is 56% my way. However, Fulham have two shots all game and score both of them. Van de Sar in goal.

Utterly ridiculous, this happened last game against Blackburn too. Over 20 shots my way, Blackburn have 3 and win 1-0.

Is there any way to get round this, or is this just another intolerable part of the game?

Thats football.....

With shots its important remember that what counts is quality and quantiy, maybe consider slowing the tempo you play at, give your players more time to craft an opportunity rather than rushing into pot-shots

Berbatov is crap on the game. Rooney and Tevez are ok but NOT great. I played Newcastle in the FA Cup final and have 27 shots at goal. 15 ON TARGET. Newcastle had one shot from long distance and scored in the 98th min of stoppage time even though the Assistant referee said there was 4 mins allowed.

Bug?

Berbatov is crap on the game. Rooney and Tevez are ok but NOT great. I played Newcastle in the FA Cup final and have 27 shots at goal. 15 ON TARGET. Newcastle had one shot from long distance and scored in the 98th min of stoppage time even though the Assistant referee said there was 4 mins allowed.

Bug?

No, but it is clutching at straws. :D

I've had a couple of games run over, but then they also do in real life. If they didn't we'd never hear from SAF. (Well, we would, 'cos he'd still complain about refereeing, tackles, and the pitch, but you get the point)

Looks like your tactics are leaving you vulnerable to counter-attack. Have a look at your defenders individual instructions, and such as depth etc. Also, were these goals after you had a set piece? Did you send your defenders forward....stuff like that. If it is happening often, then these are the kind of areas to look at.

Yesterday I think Portsmouth had 14 shots and Newcastle had 5, and Newcastle won 3-0.

Something like that.

Not shots on target!

Portsmouth v Newcastle

Possesion 41% 59%

Shots on 6 5

Shots off 12 5

I knew Pompey never hit the target 14 times! Despite the stats, they were still poor and desrved to lose!

I have Rooney and Berbatov up front, I'm sure the shots are of a sufficent quality to make the back of the net.

I have Wayne Rooney in my team. In the first season (just completed) he scored ONE goal - lots of assists and good all-round contributions, but ONE goal.

Nb. I'm not complaining at all!

the problem i find with the "it can happen in football" argument is that in all honesty, it's not about possibility but about probability.

the game the OP had is fine, if it happens once in a while or a couple times when a player's in a bad run but it becomes un-realistic when Ronaldo (for example) gets 2-3 "clean cut" (can't remember exactly how it's termed in the game) chances a game & misses them all on a regular basis.

the possibility of such a thing happening is always there but if this happens 9 out of 10 losses it's frustrating.

i've been playing FM for years & have to say loosing this season is the most "frustrating" it has ever been, i seem to always feel cheated; whether i'm Manchester United or York City. when my striker misses 5 "clean cut" chances only to have a player with a long shots attribute of 2 score a 35yarder, to snatch a draw or victory it becomes annoying to say the least. perhaps "it's the tactics" but there comes a point when a players ability should take over surely?!

a result such as the on above should be an extreme, not a standard. plus spurs away is a far different proposition to Fulham @ Home.

Flu3is spot on. Everyone knows it happens in football. But for it to happen on a regular basis with world-class players missing hatfuls of easy chances is pretty ridiculous.

it can happen, these results should not p1ss people off cos thats football for you, HOWEVER i will add that i do sympathy's with you if this happens to you almost VEREY MONTH! yes **** like this happens irl but in fm it happens too often. (like the knocks you pick up).

Archived