XML problem !

Hi

Last night i downloaded Tug's training and some guys tactics, saved them to the correct folders and thought yes i can turn my Plymouth team into world beaters but when i selected my squad for the upcoming friendly and then clicked confirm i got an error message saying something about XML ? and you have to click on on it twice to get rid of it ? This has only happened since i downloaded these two things last night ?

It closes FM then when you try to load up FM again, it says its already running when its obviously not ?

I would post a sceenie of the error message but im not sure how to do that.

Anyone had this or any suggestions ?

Thanks

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

* Right-click on the FM shortcut.

* Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.

* In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

* Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

* If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:

C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/

* If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:

C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

if you need help post here what your having problems with :thup:

DELETE THE SETTINGS CACHE FOLDER

In instructions below <User Name> refers to your Windows account name

XP

1. Open up any folder on your machine. Go Tools > Folder Options > View Tab and tick 'Show hidden files and folders'

2. Go here

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

and delete the settings folder

you need to show hidden folders to see it so follow the instructions to show hidden folders

you cant find it because its hidden follow the instructions to show hidden folders

VISTA

1. Enable hidden folders

Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.

Click on the Control Panel menu option.

When the control panel opens you can either be in Classic View or Control Panel Home view:

If you are in the Classic View do the following:

Double-click on the Folder Options icon.

Click on the View tab.

Go to step 5.

If you are in the Control Panel Home view do the following:

Click on the Appearance and Personalization link .

Click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.

Go to step 5.

Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.

Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.

Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.

Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.

Now Windows Vista is configured to show all hidden files.

2.. Go here

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

and delete the settings folder

lads its still not working ive tried doing all above when i go to delete the files in the si there just pop back up when i go to lauch the game xmlparsing error cums up press ok then the game loads then just before the game starts the xml error bout the saved game comes up eny more help please

lads its still not working ive tried doing all above when i go to delete the files in the si there just pop back up when i go to lauch the game xmlparsing error cums up press ok then the game loads then just before the game starts the xml error bout the saved game comes up eny more help please

can you get to the new game screen once you have fixed the xml error your saved games wont work so you have to start a new game

bigguyinthesky alrite mate na i cnt get to the game screen just the screen b4 that wen the game is loading up also when u delte the files in the si folder i havent got a football manger xx folder i have a football manger 2009 and a football manger certificate and it will only let me delete the latter 1 so god nos wots wrong wiv it

bigguyinthesky alrite mate na i cnt get to the game screen just the screen b4 that wen the game is loading up also when u delte the files in the si folder i havent got a football manger xx folder i have a football manger 2009 and a football manger certificate and it will only let me delete the latter 1 so god nos wots wrong wiv it

type appdata in your run box on xp or search box on vista then click roaming then find the folder for sports interactive open it then open the football manager 2009 folder then delete the settings folder

type appdata in your run box on xp or search box on vista then click roaming then find the folder for sports interactive open it then open the football manager 2009 folder then delete the settings folder

i have done that mate not it says football manager is already running so do u think i shud shut down the comp and try it

Archived