No money after going up?

Playing as formerly quite good Preston North End I managed using various inputs on players/tactics from the forums to quite comfertably guide them to the CC Championship title with plenty of games to spare and racking up the 100 point/100 goal accolade. However new season has rolled around and fair enough the board don't rate my chances but they've offered me a measley 350k transfer budget and 138k/week wages (around a 50k surplus). How am I meant to even begin to compete with a budget like that? I know a lot of whats killed me is the 25% promotion clauses players have but as there a default what can I do about them, and in the championship I worked hard to make sure I was always in line with the budget planning ahead for next season.

I can understand that it's not a club blessed with money but you'd expect a little more after reaching the Premiership! To be honest it was such a sense of dissapointment when that came up I don't know If I can finish the game off. I hope it's just a Preston thing and not every "small club" that gets up that high.

If you have managed to get 100 point/goals you obviously have some talented players, probably good enough to hold on in the prem for the first season. Look at the out of contract players and do a bit of dealing.

How's your clubs finances? Over the year the money will come rolling in and I wouldn't be surprised if in Jan you got a better budget.

I find I get more money in the January transfer window if Ive just gone up. Try and have a good FA cup run to, bring in some dough. Also some of the players transfer listed go for peanuts and can get decent players or if over 30 can get them for 0. Only problem then can be your rep and the club rep wether they come to you.

Maybe you board doesn't want ot take a risk (finacially wise) and thinking that you will be relegated very soon (immediate) and therefore they feel it is a bad investment to give you more money.

Possibly but IRL I think the board would be willing to spend some money, plus I'd say I'd have a more than fair chance of staying up given the way I won promotion (including a decent cup run) as long I had a bit of money to strengthen key areas. Just seems a very low amount of money given how much the club will make off the TV money rights for the season. Ho hum guess I'm becoming a dreaded "selling club".

Thanks for the replies guys, might post my team/finances up in GP forum and seek advice on where to improve the team.

Actually heres a good place to ask this - I recently got promoted as leeds, and I remember in older versions the tv money from premiership was paid in full straight away. This time around I got a message saying I get 29.5mil for tv rights, but am yet to see the full amount..? Does this drip in over the season now ? or did I just miss out for some more obscure reason ?

Playing with Walsall opening balance of 100k, transfer budget 50k so that's 50% available to spend.

Sold Demontanac 450k, Nicholls 325k, 250k from Danns making 25 appearances for Coventry and 100k television rights. I've made the club over 1 million net profit and start of season 2 the balance is 1.2m and my transfer budget... 110k about 10%.

The board then tell me they can't afford to give me more money to spend as they can't afford it! So it's another season scrounging around European minnows looking for bargains who won't adapt in time and another mid table season looks likely.

How can i free up the obvious fundage? Perhaps the chairman can't believe his luck that he has such a financially astute manager and is lapping up the good life in these credit crunch ridden days??

Archived