Expenditure

Currently in League One with Northwich Vics in 2010/11, and in the summer just gone I had managed to make £2.6M, of which the board didn't give me any to spend, but anyway more of that on the 'getting my goat' thread...

My problem now is that I'm losing £100K-£200K each month, despite having a very small wage budget. I appreciate that my ground size of just 5200 is a problem (by board won't expand, either) but the biggest problem is the 'other' and 'match day expenses' sections.

'Other costs' forced me to pay out £258,000 last season, which I have already passed by the November of this season.

Also, my 'match day expenses' cost me about £30,000 per game, and ground maintenance costs me £10,000 a game, and as I have sold out my season tickets I get very low gate receipts, meaning I am losing about £30,000 per home game.

Any idea on:

i) What goes into other costs?

ii) How can I lower them?

iii) How can I persuade the board to expand the stadium?

Thanks.

Currently in League One with Northwich Vics in 2010/11, and in the summer just gone I had managed to make £2.6M, of which the board didn't give me any to spend, but anyway more of that on the 'getting my goat' thread...

My problem now is that I'm losing £100K-£200K each month, despite having a very small wage budget. I appreciate that my ground size of just 5200 is a problem (by board won't expand, either) but the biggest problem is the 'other' and 'match day expenses' sections.

'Other costs' forced me to pay out £258,000 last season, which I have already passed by the November of this season.

Also, my 'match day expenses' cost me about £30,000 per game, and ground maintenance costs me £10,000 a game, and as I have sold out my season tickets I get very low gate receipts, meaning I am losing about £30,000 per home game.

Any idea on:

i) What goes into other costs?

iii) How can I persuade the board to expand the stadium?

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> i) What goes into other costs?

iii) How can I persuade the board to expand the stadium? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i) Not sure, don't think there has been a 'definitive' answer.

ii) not much really, concentrate on other outgoings

iii) Just keep asking, they will do it eventually

The biggest thing that could cause a loss is your wages, I know you said they were low but what about bonuses? They could be high and if you're successful could really damage your club financially.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

I'd say it is blatantly obvious why you aren't been given transfer funds though! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Care to enlighten me? icon_cool.gif

Archived