Son??

To have a son, you should first get married. Or at least build up decent relationship. Or at least get laid.

Which is unlikely to happen, because when the time finally comes and it's theoretically possible to get a son from new batch of regens, your addictiveness rating is far beyond "divorced", so in other words: yes, it's a 1 in 10000 chances.

Maybe we should introduce fertility clinics in fm...

Before i get slated was a tongue in cheek comment

To have a son, you should first get married. Or at least build up decent relationship. Or at least get laid.

Which is unlikely to happen, because when the time finally comes and it's theoretically possible to get a son from new batch of regens, your addictiveness rating is far beyond "divorced", so in other words: yes, it's a 1 in 10000 chances.

Aren't these already features in FIFA manager lol ;)

I'm not sure it is technically his 'son', as he said the player didn't share his second nationality.

My 'son' is in the same thread mind you ;)

He didnt share the same second nationality ;) but he does have the same surname (which I've never heard of another English person having) and he loves me :p He was also born at the club :)

I used the editor to pick a player in the team I was going to start a save with. I picked one with a good PA - not the highest because that would be a bit much, and made sure he was the young too; there was a good player with high CA and PA but he was 19.

I give him my in-game surname and made his birthday the same as mine, just kept his year of birth the same.

It didn't make me feel dirty using the editor because I didn't change any of his stats and I didn't sniff around any other CA/PAs.

Now it's up to me to get the best out of him. I don't care if he doesn't stay with me - in fact I'm just looking forward to following his career wherever he goes.

Bare in mind lads, given that your 'son' will be about 15 when he comes through the youth system, you'll probably have to play over 15 seasons before you get one.

Um, I hate to burst your bubble, so let me break this to you gently: you aren't actually BORN on 8th July 2008 in the game. You start as a 35+ year old grown man who, if you've been busy sowing your oats, might already have a kid. I start with my real age of 46, so having a 15-16 year-old son is by no means inconceivable [boom boom! :D]

I used the editor to pick a player in the team I was going to start a save with. I picked one with a good PA - not the highest because that would be a bit much' date=' and made sure he was the young too; there was a good player with high CA and PA but he was 19.

I give him my in-game surname and made his birthday the same as mine, just kept his year of birth the same.

It didn't make me feel dirty using the editor because I didn't change any of his stats and I didn't sniff around any other CA/PAs.

Now it's up to me to get the best out of him. I don't care if he doesn't stay with me - in fact I'm just looking forward to following his career wherever he goes.[/quote']

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me TFM. Actually I did do the dirty and used an editor to up his PA. With such a derisory CA it doesn't mean he'll make the grade though. Next, I have to find a silly photo to use as his player pic!

If he was crap you would just have to surround him by good players. Im lucky my son is pretty decent but if he wasnt he would still play.

Something Steve Bruce couldn't do was "surround him by good players"! That refers to ipswich 'star' Alex Bruce whom was at Birmingham when Brucie was there for a short period of time, but he was awful.

Something Steve Bruce couldn't do was "surround him by good players"! That refers to ipswich 'star' Alex Bruce whom was at Birmingham when Brucie was there for a short period of time, but he was awful.

The same 'star' that scored his only goal angainst Birmingham?

Archived