amazon.com sold out?

Amazon tells me the game is "currently unavailable" and that it does not know when (or if) it will become available.

As amazon are exclusive sellers of the game in North America (I am in Canada) and there is no Mac digital download available, this is concerning.

Anyone know if or when amazon will have the game? Anyone know any other source of the game in the USA?

Or buy it from a Euro distributor like play.com and pay the shipping.

Well, the starting problem with that is that the game is approx USD30 AND UKP30. So even if the game were worth that much to me, I'm not sure I could bear being ripped off to that degree.

Anyone have any better sense if amazon will get more copies before xmas - ordering from Europe is just too crazy.

Order from UK Amazon, it's just below £20 and delivery shouldn't be too much.

I hate to keep knocking down ideas, but amazon.co.uk won't ship games to Canada.

And while I could try to find a phone number for amazon, what also might be helpful is if someone from SI or sega or whatever could let us (me?) know if amazon.com will be getting the game back and if so, when?

I hate to keep knocking down ideas, but amazon.co.uk won't ship games to Canada.

And while I could try to find a phone number for amazon, what also might be helpful is if someone from SI or sega or whatever could let us (me?) know if amazon.com will be getting the game back and if so, when?

Ah, my bad.

You got a UK address that you could get it delivered to and get it shipped from them to you?

Well, that is not impossible, but it is a pretty long way from either ordering it online or downloading it directly. As amazon.ca does not sell it, and amazon.com does not deliver games to Canada I was going to do the same sort of dance.

Seems like a lot of work just to get a game and to give someone else my money... A mac digital download would solve the problem nicely.

i like this idea, lol

i emailed amazon.com and got this response:

Thank you for writing to Amazon.com.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience that has caused.

I've checked on the availability of "World Wide Soccer Manager 2009". At this

time, it appears that it will not be available before the holiday ordering

deadlines. I apologize for the inconvenience. Also I do not find this item from

our third party sellers.

As you can imagine, especially during the holiday season, our inventory and

availability estimates can change very rapidly from one day to the next.

Unfortunately, in spite of all of our efforts, there will be some unforeseen

delays in receiving inventory and updating information.

I'd suggest checking our website from time to time to see if this item is

available from us or from another seller. If anyone is selling it, you'll see a

"More Buying Choices" box on the product detail page; if it's not available from

any sellers, you might see an "Order it used" or "Alert me" link. "Order it

used" allows you to place a pre-order for the item in case another seller puts a

copy up for sale later. "Alert me" allows you to sign up so we can e-mail you

when Amazon has copies available for purchase.

Archived