Injured player MUST be subbed?

I am in a game when one of my players got injured and since the only subs that i have are keepers i would rather play on with a man down but it forces me back into the substitution screen, is this a problem for anyone else and is there a solution somehow?

Firstly, why are the only subs you have keepers? and secondly, I think I once pressed cancel on the tactics screen and it carrried the match on without me making a sub, and I was a man down for a while. Also, surely it is better to have a player there instead of not regardless of skill.

I tried pressing cancel but when i press play(because the game is paused) it forces me back to the substitution screen and the message 'your assistant manager reminds u theres an injured player' comes up.

My only subs are keepers cause ive alrdy made subs for my outfield players and some are injured.

Surely you've seen on tv or in real life when you play that a single player can ruin the best of plays. This isn't playing a player out of position, this is playing a keeper in the out-field and in the position where my player is injured, central midfield so excuse me while i stick to my gut and my 2nd and 3rd line keepers on the bench :)

I can see how you'd mistake Reina for Riera! lol

so i took your advice(Capt.Planet) and just stuck the keeper up front as striker, i mean hell it was the only way to move on and continue the game even though it personally annoys the hell outta me!

though to be fair kalac didn't do too bad, and he needed match fitness, i take it running around on the field helped more than running the few kilometres that he usually does between the sticks? lol

just to clarify though: you can't play on with a man down?

It's true, in real life you will never see that happen, and you shouldn't be forced to play a keeper on the field, if you want to play a man down, it's your choice, ur the damn manager!

last time i checked there wasn't any rules that forbade u to play a man down :p

Hmm, I must say I have only tried removing an injured player from the field after using up all my substitutions, so I do not know if this would apply to the scenario where you still have substitutions available.

Will clicking on the injured player's name and drag-releasing it over empty space (as opposed to a substitute's name during normal substitution) work? Or have any of you tried that unsuccessfully before? Hope you guys get what I mean?

Archived