JiTtErY jItTeRiNeSs

Is it just me having problems? No matter if I'm using either of the 2D's or any of the various 3D's, it jitters regularly every few seconds so I have to look away. Gives me dizziness. My rig is quite decent.

Intel Core2 Duo CPU E6750 @2.66 GHZ, 2.9 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (updated to latest drivers, 512 MB).

Downloaded and installed the patch, also the editor patch.

Just got to September in my first game and I've already begun to watch match commentary only. That doesn't jitter at least.

Has anyone who experienced the same managed to find a fix for this?

I used to play nearly all leagues with FM 2008 and it flew by decently. Can use Second Life which is (I reckon) a lot more graphics intensive, no problem.

Maybe SI will need to produce an alternative patch to deactivate the 3D completely, for users like me? I assume that is the main issue causing this. The game is not unplayable but it certainly IS unwatchable.

I know that some people don't have this problem, so before you say anything, I'm happy for you. :-)

I think my laptop would appreciate an option to turn off the 3d completly. As it is now if I look at it the picture is distorted and seems to be painted in many layers while moving the ground around abit so the lines end up crossing eachother.

The Gaffovski -

We have done some optimisation for the second patch which will improve performance in both 2D and 3D, so hopefully this will be of benefit for your particular set-up although on the specifications you list, it's unusual that you are experiencing such problems.

mimland -

You can disable 3D from your game by deselecting the 'Enable 3D Cameras' option from within the Preferences screen. We have however made further improvements in the second patch for turning this option off which should provide a performance boost when setting up matches in just 2D.

The Gaffovski -

We have done some optimisation for the second patch which will improve performance in both 2D and 3D, so hopefully this will be of benefit for your particular set-up although on the specifications you list, it's unusual that you are experiencing such problems.

mimland -

You can disable 3D from your game by deselecting the 'Enable 3D Cameras' option from within the Preferences screen. We have however made further improvements in the second patch for turning this option off which should provide a performance boost when setting up matches in just 2D.

Have you also fixed the Italian Serie C Bug and the crash at the 24th July I think it was?

The Gaffovski -

Thanks for the good news Neil. Maybe I'm running too many leagues? Although I don't see how that would affect the actual matches. The processing time is okay-ish. I'm running 56 leagues. Highest league of each nation in the game (view only) plus six leagues in England (playable). Large database. No added players from nations.

I find my game jitters in TV Mode quite a bit while the HD cache is clearing. I switch to Classic or split-screen, and it's fine. As soon as I hear the drive spool down, everything is smooth again. The mouse (specifically, the buttons) also become VERY unresponsive while the HD is active.

P4 3.4/HT w/nVidia 8600GT, 2MB ram, 2x160GB HDs on RAID0.

The Gaffovski -

Just to be curious here. Has it been made some optimisation for the game in general for the patch? I mean for the UI lag and "FM 2009 not responding" on quads?

Has anyone who experienced the same managed to find a fix for this?

I was experiencing what you describe on a mid-range Dell, Vista, with mediocre graphics card. The jerkiness was almost vertigo inducing, and the ball never moved smoothly, seeming to accelerate, then stop for a moment, then accelerate, then stop for a moment .. all during a single shot.

I'm happy with the performance I have now. Here's what I did:

Vista: Control Panel, Performance, Adjust Visual Effects

- Disabled "animate controls" and "animate windows"

- Disabled all the "Fade" options

- Disabled all "Slide" options

- Disabled all "Transparency" options

FM: Options | Performance | Display & Sound

- Graphical Detail: Low

- Disabled "Show Stadiums"

- Disabled "Show Sky"

- Sound Cache: Smart

Hope that helps - it made a huge difference for me!

I was experiencing what you describe on a mid-range Dell, Vista, with mediocre graphics card. The jerkiness was almost vertigo inducing, and the ball never moved smoothly, seeming to accelerate, then stop for a moment, then accelerate, then stop for a moment .. all during a single shot.

Yes, I experienced that rough ball effect too.

I'm happy with the performance I have now. Here's what I did:

Vista: Control Panel, Performance, Adjust Visual Effects

- Disabled "animate controls" and "animate windows"

- Disabled all the "Fade" options

- Disabled all "Slide" options

- Disabled all "Transparency" options

FM: Options | Performance | Display & Sound

- Graphical Detail: Low

- Disabled "Show Stadiums"

- Disabled "Show Sky"

- Sound Cache: Smart

Hope that helps - it made a huge difference for me!

Thanks a lot Amaroq. :-)

Huge difference here too now. I have XP not Vista, but I went to Performance | Adjust Visual Effects anyway and unticked anything containing "animate", "fade" and "slide". Couldn't find any Transparency.

Then set the FM options to what you recommended.

And nice. :-)

Glad to hear that it may be sorted in the next patch.

I tried all of the different fixes that were mentioned when the game was first released and nothing worked. Strangely though most people were saying windowed is less jerky, but it was the opposite for me. On mine it is watchable on fullscreen although still not too good and windowed is shockingly bad for jerkiness. I play in fullscreen and put up with it but much prefer to play in windowed.

My pc is decent enough too, it plays CSS and DODS quite smoothly but FM's little 3D match engine proved too much somehow.:confused:

Huge difference here too now. I have XP not Vista, but I went to Performance | Adjust Visual Effects anyway and unticked anything containing "animate", "fade" and "slide". Couldn't find any Transparency.

Excellent!

Glad to hear it helped!

The Gaffovski -

mimland -

This is good news. I found it smoother, but still unplayable (my specs are minimum required) when I moved from a medium database to a small database. 3D worked smoother and the UI was more responsive.

I find it odd everyones having so many problems with the 3d, mine always works perfectly fine, couple of seconds to load it at the beginning of the game, then its smooth as I'd ever want it.

First Gen Macbook Pro, 2gHz dual core and 2gb RAM, so out specced by most of the computers mentioned in this thread.

Yes, I experienced that rough ball effect too.

I am unable to find the "performance" Icon in control panel on XP. Am I looking in the right place?

I am unable to find the "performance" Icon in control panel on XP. Am I looking in the right place?

The full name is "Performance and Maintenance". If you don't see it when you go to Control Panel, please switch to Category View (look for the option to do so, should be somewhere on the Control Panel).

The Gaffovski -

Just to give some feedback, I've now installed the patch and it has not improved it on my rig. Medium graphics still causes stuttering. Good thing is that I can still watch it on Low graphics okay. I turned Threading off to experiment too, no difference. However, 2D Classic still has a very slight stutter even on Low graphics.

But I'm content overall, especially as this is FM's first try with 3D. I'm actually learning to like the 3D Elevated view. And, on Low graphics, this view runs smoothly.

I reckon the program isn't communicating very well with some graphic cards. As well as FM background stuff processing whilst your matches are taking place..... perhaps this could be looked at in future versions, you know, halt the other matches until yours has been played. *

* Some people will like the Goal Updates so they'd be unhappy with that, so it could become an Option in Preferences -

Tickbox: Turn off Goal Updates (makes watching matches smoother if you are experiencing the opposite)

Archived