Work Permit

In FM08 I bought Ilsinho for that much and he needed a work permit too. A Spanish feeder grants S Americans EU citizenship after 2 years; Belgium 3. If he's a current international he may well reach his cap allocation long before then - keep offering him a new contract after every few internationals; when he passes the limit the home office will allow you to complete the contract and you can play him.

I've a similar problem, I've signed a South Korean and loaned him to belgium feeder club which says takes 3 years to gain belgian nationality, however, when I click in the players personal details it says 2555 days (7 years) to gain belgian nationality. Will I be able to get work permit after 3 years or will I have to wait 7, if 7 surely this is a bug??

7, I think. There are lots of extra rules for different nationalities that, infuriatingly, FM does not tell you.

hilton, note that if he begins to play regularly for the national team, you can offer him a new contract at any time and if it's allowed to go through he will have a work permit and no longer need to be out on loan.

Im playing 08 and have a young croatian who needs a permit I have links with a Polish club do I send him there or does it need to be a certain country? If so how do you request a club specifically for work permits I'm sure I have done this before but can't remember how.

Archived