Unplayable

I have only managed to get past a season once with West Ham on my first game since then the game keeps freezing at different points!

I'm done with playing the game now as I don't feel like spending time to set up a team and then all of a sudden the game freezing! sometimes after 6 months sometimes after a year!

complete waste of money and cant get a refund because bought it through steam!

I put in in the technical issues thread before and loaded a game up onto some server thing but I can't get back the game I lost, so started another one and this time it crashed sooner I think around january 2nd 2009 managing Newcastle.

What do you mean by a crash dump?

I just want my game to work! I'm not great with all the technical aspects of computers which it seems like you have to be to play this game.

I put in in the technical issues thread before and loaded a game up onto some server thing but I can't get back the game I lost, so started another one and this time it crashed sooner I think around january 2nd 2009 managing Newcastle.

What do you mean by a crash dump?

I just want my game to work! I'm not great with all the technical aspects of computers which it seems like you have to be to play this game.

What happens when it crashes and you try to reload the saved game or just FM in general?

What happens when the game crashes? Does it shut the game down and give you an error message? Also, have you installed the patch?

no the game doesnt shut down or give me an error message.

Most of the time I don't realise its crashed because it looks like its still trying to load but then when i click on the screen it goes black and thats it!

Very useful. If you're not going to post anything worthwhile, then please don't bother posting at all :thup:

I'm sorry, but I'm frustrated with FM and the people on these forums. I spent £30 on a game that is unplayable, and when I comment on it on the forums all I get is personal attacks and infractions. You can understand my frustration.

What are your specs and have you installed the patch?

bean, I don't want to discuss it in here because it's someone elses thread but I can understand frustration but making pointless posts like the one I pointed out doesn't help anyone, and instead will only serve to rile people up :thup:

What are your specs and have you installed the patch?

bean, I don't want to discuss it in here because it's someone elses thread but I can understand frustration but making pointless posts like the one I pointed out doesn't help anyone, and instead will only serve to rile people up :thup:

Tried it in windowed mode, tried going on holiday until after when it usually crashes but still doesn't work.

Patch is installed.

How do I find out where my specs are listed?

Right click on My Computer and choose properties. It will then list your specs under Computer.

I'd also advise uploading a save and updating your previous thread in the bugs forum or create a new one.

Processor: 6320 @ 1.86 GHz 1.87GHz

Memory: 2.00GB

I haven't even heard about the last game I uploaded there weeks ago, whats the point? it doesnt help me in playing the game.

What operating system?

I thought you said you couldn't find the game so you didn't upload? If you did upload, you didn't reply in your thread or make any posts saying that you uploaded, as far as I can see anyway so it's only natural you didn't hear anything back.

I was getting the same problem with "freeze's" but as someone else said earlier run it in windowed mode,I have played alot of different saves(trying to get a tactic but thats another thread)and it never freezes for me in windowed mode.

edit-for the life of me I cant remember what it was but was advised to switch something else off as well as running it in windowed mode maybe someone else knows what that was?

What operating system?

I thought you said you couldn't find the game so you didn't upload? If you did upload, you didn't reply in your thread or make any posts saying that you uploaded, as far as I can see anyway so it's only natural you didn't hear anything back.

32-bit operating system

I didn't know I had to post anything back, I didn't know how to put it on the server so had to wait for my brother to do it.

This is the freezing issue. If you look in the technical bugs forum, there's a thread there called "FM Freezing - not responding".

Yes, windowed mode makes the game more stable, but it still lock sup randomly from time to time, and its not a proper fix.

I just had a look and I really dont know if this would help but I was told to run it in windowed mode and switch "threading" off and the freezes I was getting no longer happen,though like wakers said I think this is a quick fix for some people but may not work for everyone.

Though OP cant you just run a rolling weekly save and then if it does freeze up you could just start from the last save?I know it isnt ideal but only a few days till the next patch and it could be sorted then.

In my experience, you end up playing the same fixture over and over when you do that, its not fun :D

Though OP cant you just run a rolling weekly save and then if it does freeze up you could just start from the last save?I know it isnt ideal but only a few days till the next patch and it could be sorted then.

I have it on weekly save anyway from when my previous games kept freezing. But it doesn't help as it gets to a certain point and just wont go any further no matter how many times i load it back up.

guess ill just wait for the patch then

I have it on weekly save anyway from when my previous games kept freezing. But it doesn't help as it gets to a certain point and just wont go any further no matter how many times i load it back up.

guess ill just wait for the patch then

Ahh ok mate,sorry to hear that and I hope the patch sorts it out,at 1st I thought this was a Vista problem but it seems it happens to different OS so must be some sort of random bug,I know I was getting it but in windowed with the threading switched off I was sorted.

I hope come Thursday these problems are gone.

Archived