WTF is happening????

I KNOW I really shouldn't be posting this in here, but I bought FM09 a few weeks back but I haven't had time to play it... until yesterday. Anyway, I had a game and half downloading that Microsoft Direct X thing - I did download it though. But now when I try to load the game it takes ages to load, and then a clock type thing comes up on the bottom right hand of the screen. IT'S NOT LOADING AT ALL!! All the previous FM games have loaded perfectly on my pc, so why not this one??

You pay £30 for a game and it's like getting into Fort Knox. After over a decade of buying FM, I think next year I'll get a ripped version (not really).

Thanks. ;)

Yep but the info we need doesnt need a pic just a few lines from the dxdiag so that could be easily copied and pasted :)

O that. :p

Yes longdon. Just follow these steps: start --> run --> dxdiag (or just start --> search --> dxdiag on vista) and you will get your comp specs. :)

Okay - we're getting somewhere... I hope.

On the DirectX Diagnosis Tool it says:

Processor -- Intel ® Celeron ® CPu 3.06 GHz

Memory -- 190 MB RAM

Page File -- 397 MB used, 354 available

Definitely go to crucial.co.uk and get some RAM.

So does that mean I can't play FM09 at the moment then? Anyway, I building a pc tower in a a couple of months and I'm going to spend between £600-£800 on it. As for the mean time, I can still play my Ableton Live 7 or just go on the XBOX 360.

Oh, and are there a lot of bugs and stuff on this FM09? And has there been loads of major problems?

p.s. I've been away from the forum ages so I'm a bit behind.

So does that mean I can't play FM09 at the moment then? Anyway, I building a pc tower in a a couple of months and I'm going to spend between £600-£800 on it. As for the mean time, I can still play my Ableton Live 7 or just go on the XBOX 360.

Oh, and are there a lot of bugs and stuff on this FM09? And has there been loads of major problems?

p.s. I've been away from the forum ages so I'm a bit behind.

There is a new patch soon which should fix most bugs. If you are building a new computer I wouldn't bother trying to play it as it could put you off when you get it on your new system.

Maybe its 1.90 RAM?

Tbh I cant work it out,his page file uses more RAM than he has but still has RAM left over,again more than he has,even trying to add what he has and working around the page file/left over it is confussing but it looks like he has around 750mb but ofc this is a bit of a wild guess as he says he has 192mb which I find not only strange but almost impossible.

You can actually get 192MB of RAM but it sounds very strange along with that CPU. XP requires 128 so not much left for anything else, FM08 required 256MB RAM so even that would had been a struggle.

Ofc you can get 1 mb RAM but not with the page file he is showing.

Archived