Players not appearing?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ashley_Tofte:

check your spelling mate thats all i can think of

unless the player / team is not in the database but a lot are

any ideas marc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The spelling is right 'cause I'm copying straight from my PSP... This has baffled me completely lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ashley_Tofte:

i guess it is like the game bugs here and their or they just a few players sneaked ther way out of it lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the jammy gits! lol i hope its sorted soon though

use the editor for all the ones you can then notepad for the jammy gits as you say lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True true

Those jammy gits won't get away from me =D

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

i had brought this to Marcs attention but i didnt hear anything back about players being missing of the editor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you can give me specific examples then I'll try and remember to look into it ..

(if it is happening then its likely an oversight to do with non-standard characters in a name - so possibly try filtering until they'd be in sight using standard characters?)

I don't have his name at hand but he plays for Spartak Moscow. I know I have trouble finding the players I need that are Lithuanian, Belarusian and Russian. There could be players from more Eastern European countries, but can't remember now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

i had brought this to Marcs attention but i didnt hear anything back about players being missing of the editor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you can give me specific examples then I'll try and remember to look into it ..

(if it is happening then its likely an oversight to do with non-standard characters in a name - so possibly try filtering until they'd be in sight using standard characters?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

players based in russia/brazil/argentina etc countries where you cant manage in dont appear on the editor unless they have players playing in that league from a base nation. Does that make sense?

example:

david beckham appears in the english database section as he is english even though he plays in the MLS but if you look for Landon Donavon on the editor hes nowhere to be seen in the inactive nations and like i say its the same with russian/brazilian/argentina/turkish players etc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dec9693:

Jo, Akinfeev, Lulinha, Vanger Love, Ocha and many other players based in Russia or that region of Europe and America (south and North) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They come up fine but it's just like players that appear on the game whilst playing it but not on the PC (editor).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drwmorrison1984:

FMH Challenge Guru - It is not Marcs job to comment on the forums all the time. He will comment when he has time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amateur - Stop getting on everyone's nerves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drwmorrison1984:

FMH Challenge Guru - It is not Marcs job to comment on the forums all the time. He will comment when he has time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

drwmorrison, is ridley allowed to say anything in these forums without you putting him down ?!?

Apparently not.

If you view all posts made by drwmorrison1984, you can see that around 60%-80% are in regards to Ridley 'interfering' even though drwmorrison1984 is a new member, not as respected as Ridley, doesn't contribute anywhere near as much as Ridley yet feels he has the power to challenge Ridleys contributions to the forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MJGB:

Apparently not.

If you view all posts made by drwmorrison1984, you can see that around 60%-80% are in regards to Ridley 'interfering' even though drwmorrison1984 is a new member, not as respected as Ridley, doesn't contribute anywhere near as much as Ridley yet feels he has the power to challenge Ridleys contributions to the forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many words spring to my mind about drw... altho i wouldn't want to risk it to get a yellow card lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LSD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MJGB:

Apparently not.

If you view all posts made by drwmorrison1984, you can see that around 60%-80% are in regards to Ridley 'interfering' even though drwmorrison1984 is a new member, not as respected as Ridley, doesn't contribute anywhere near as much as Ridley yet feels he has the power to challenge Ridleys contributions to the forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many words spring to my mind about drw... altho i wouldn't want to risk it to get a yellow card lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe even a red. icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

can you comment anymore Marc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not much to say at present - the editor is something I largely knocked up in my spare time and finished up at work once they "ok'd" it for release - I'm going to try and make time to look into the issues reported, but unfortunately I'm very busy on my present project at the moment so its something which will have to sit on a backburner for now.

(put it this way I'll be working tomorrow trying to finish something off on my current project so spare time is at a minimum - remember on top of being a workaholic I've also got a wife and 3 kids to try and keep happy icon_wink.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

Not much to say at present - the editor is something I largely knocked up in my spare time and finished up at work once they "ok'd" it for release - I'm going to try and make time to look into the issues reported, but unfortunately I'm very busy on my present project at the moment so its something which will have to sit on a backburner for now.

(put it this way I'll be working tomorrow trying to finish something off on my current project so spare time is at a minimum - remember on top of being a workaholic I've also got a wife and 3 kids to try and keep happy icon_wink.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a problem Marc, i just meant was that a good enough example for you?

Not much to say at present - the editor is something I largely knocked up in my spare time and finished up at work once they "ok'd" it for release - I'm going to try and make time to look into the issues reported, but unfortunately I'm very busy on my present project at the moment so its something which will have to sit on a backburner for now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No rush 'cause I know that we'd love to FMH09 coming out without delay than a complete database for FHM08 icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(put it this way I'll be working tomorrow trying to finish something off on my current project so spare time is at a minimum - remember on top of being a workaholic I've also got a wife and 3 kids to try and keep happy icon_wink.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Workaholic at one of the best jobs on the planet!

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not a problem Marc, i just meant was that a good enough example for you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I think I've got enough info to work out whats going on now.

Archived